Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Random Rangers Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Vicenta Padilla was scheduled to start Wednesday's finale against the Twins but he is being pushed back to Friday. Kip Wells will get the Wednesday start instead.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Are the Rangers going to have any pitchers left this week.. Just kidding... Maybe this will work in your favor.... It seems that when teams think they are going to have easy wins againist you, the seem to play uninspired ball and you can sneak up on them and win and/or sweep the series. Hang in there Ranger fans.... I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAA ERA
    interesting ninth inning for Coco tonight. Up 1-0 gives up a triple to helton than gets a strikeout then walks one then strikes another one out then walks one then strikes the last batter to get the save...
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA

Rangers

2006 45th-round pick Daniel Herrera fanned eight in four scoreless innings Tuesday for Single-A Bakersfield. Herrera, a 5-foot-7, 145-pound left-hander from the University of New Mexico, qualifies as the surprise of the draft so far. After allowing two runs and striking out 11 in 8 2/3 innings for the Rookie AZL Rangers, he moved up and continued to dominate in the California League. He's allowed two runs and struck out 20 in 17 innings of relief. While the 21-year-old isn't much of a fantasy prospect, he might see time in the Texas bullpen as soon as next year.

www.Rotoworld.com
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA
    Wow

"He's allowed two runs and struck out 20 in 17 innings of relief."

Wow

"he might see time in the Texas bullpen as soon as next year."

WOWWY

MLB ERA
    I thought wow! about the 5'7", 145 lb part too. That is one tiny little guy. If he can keep this up in high level A ball then he'll be a great pick for being picked so high.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

It's intresting to look at the Rangers roster from today to a week ago and see how many people are gone. I was at the Yankees/Rangers game on the 24th which was last Monday. Then you see Mench, Nix, Cordero gone and Lee, Stairs, Wells, and others there now. This certainly is a new and intresting Rangers team.

AAA ERA
    Yes the Rangers roster has changed alot recently and I do like the makeup of the team.

Anyways I found this cool site Baseballprospectus.com It gives these really cool player projections.

AAA ERA
    Jason Botts suffered a fractured hamate bone in his right wrist at Triple-A Oklahoma. He'll likely miss the remainder of the season, which means no September callup. After the recent acquisitions of Matt Stairs and Nelson Cruz, it didn't look like the team wanted to give him a real chance anyway.

-Rotoworld

MLB ERA
    I thought Texas should have called up Botts instead of bringing Stairs, but whatever. It's too bad he got hurt but it's not like he was going to get much September action anyway. Especially if Texas is still in the playoff hunt a month from now.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Stairs is playing good, and we gave up nothing for him. The Stairs move looks even nice now that Botts is hurt.

AAA ERA
    Triple-A Oklahoma's Edinson Volquez was placed on the seven-day disabled list with slight right elbow tendinitis and a calf strain. The additionals of Adam Eaton and Kip Wells to the Texas rotation had seemingly closed Volquez's window anyway. John Hart's Rangers were perfectly willing to rush him to the majors last season, but the new management has been a lot more cautious.

Thats bad news, even if he wasnt expected to be called up.

MLB ERA
    Wasdin No Longer a Ranger
    The Rangers have place pitcher John Wasdin on waivers for the purpose of his release. In 5 starts and 4 relief appearances with Texas this year he went 2-2 with a 5.10 ERA. Over 55 appearances, 21 of them starts, with the Rangers over the last 3 years Wasdin has gone 7-8 with a 5.38 ERA.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    Old news, Plus who cares about Wasdin lol cmon.

AAA ERA
    Mark DeRosa went 2-for-3 with a grand slam and a bases-loaded walk in the Rangers' 7-3 win over the Angels on Friday. With 14 hits, two homers and and 11 RBI in six games, DeRosa has broken out of his slump in a big way. He's upped his OPS from 830 to 890 during the stretch. The Rangers' wins the last two nights have moved them a half-game ahead of the Angels in the AL West. They're still 2 1/2 games behind the A's.

-Rotoworld

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast