Thread: Casey Fossum

Casey Fossum

Casey Fossum was hit hard for nine runs in four innings against the Orioles tonight.
    On the plus side, Fossum didn't extend his streak of starts with an HBP to 11. Seven hits, four walks, and a grand slam did him in tonight. Fossum had been showing some of the promise that made him a key part of the Curt Schilling trade over the past three months. So even though he gets the Yankees and Rangers in his next two starts, you won't want to drop him in AL-only leagues

I remember this guy being a stud...he was in the Schilling deal if I'm not mistaken...what happened to him?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Fossum was a hotter name when rumors of the Expos wanting him from Boston in return for Colon came up. Boston refused to trade Fossum and lost out on Colon. The Dbacks made that trade mainly to allow Schilling to receive the new contract he wanted with Boston so the Dbacks could trade for Richie Sexson.

He became a really good trading piece. It's interesting, because he had some really good stuff, but he never got it all together to turn into the big league pitcher that many teams thought he would be. I would have preferred to get a guy like Colon or Millwood before I found out they could get Schilling for him and a couple others.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.