Thread: Paul Byrd frustrated with Gathright

Paul Byrd frustrated with Gathright

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/07/Ra...bout_Gat.shtml

"He's so fast," Angels pitcher Paul Byrd said. "I've never seen anybody run the bases like that."

The Angels found they couldn't do much to slow Gathright during the game.

And afterward, they couldn't say enough about him.

"He's just amazing," Byrd told reporters. "I thought I had him picked off ... and I thought that would deter him from taking such a big lead."

When they crossed paths at the end of the third inning, Byrd couldn't help saying something.

"I told him, "You're too fast. I don't know how to stop you,' " Byrd said. "He just laughed. You can't walk him. That's the kiss of death."

Where will the Devil Rays place all their OF? Gomes, Crawford, Baldelli, Gathright. Damn, that could become a massive pain in the ass to some teams, major speed.

Heh, I was looking in Bill James pre-season book, and the projection for Gathright was something ridiculous like 71 steals. Maybe Paul Byrd could see that.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "Where will the Devil Rays place all their OF? Gomes, Crawford, Baldelli, Gathright. Damn, that could become a massive pain in the ass to some teams, major speed."

You forgot the biggest of them all too. And imagine if they had gotten Lastings Milledge too.

I imagine Delmon will be moved to 1st, and Gomes will be the DH though. Crawford, Gathright, Baldelli is how I'd play them.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Hammer on the setup. How the hell will you hit them in a order is a completely different question

Gathright
    Baldelli
    Crawford
    Gomes probably 6th?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Gomes ain't that special. However...the Rays have all these prospects (Upton, Cantu, Crawford, Baldelli, Young, Gomes, Gathright, and even Gomes); if they hang onto them, they can be something very special.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Gomes has lotso power compared to the other outfielders. But I think he can play 1B... ? He could certainly do that since Huff could always be dealt for pitching. At least be there till Bankston comes up. They should move one of their top hitting spects for a top pitching spect, cause they haven't had hardly any luck with pitching. Referencing to Brazelton, McClung, Matt White, etc. etc.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.