Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TB Rays 2014/2015 off season

Rookie ERA

Re: TB Rays 2014/2015 off season

I renewed my ticket package, today was the last day to get it for last year's price. For the first time ever the Rays allowed for you to actually pick your games and seats for the smaller packages now instead of having to wait until single ticket sales in February. Knowing that I am assured for opening day and very good seats in November has magically lifted my spirit of longing for the baseball season, especially after all the turmoil of the past few weeks.

Go Rays!

Rookie ERA

Evan Longoria left the Saturday game in the Japan Series before the 7th inning to watch the birth of his son, Nash Harrison on FaceTime. He his a home run on Sunday in the 6-1 win over the Japan Stars in Game 4. Altuve and Puig went 3-for-4 and Morneau went 2-for-4 with a home run.

Rookie ERA

The Rays will likely be busy the next couple days as they try to secure the 40 man roster for the upcoming Rule 5 draft and cut down the field in their managerial search. With the trade of Hellickson and Ramos the number is 38 but they would like to add at least 6 prospects so there may be a small purge on the horizon either by trade or DFA's. I would think there is little incentive left to keep Jose Molina and in my opinion Tim Beckham should be considered for the discard pile.

Rookie ERA

The MLB stars won the final game of the series 3-1. Matt Shoemaker pitched 5 shut out innings, Altuve went 3-for-5 with an RBI.

Longoria was hit by a pitch in his forearm during the 3rd inning and was taken out as a precaution, it has been evaluated as just a bruise.

Japan takes series 3-2, MLB also lost the opening exhibition, they finish up on Thursday with another exhibition before returning home.

Rookie ERA

MLB players headed home today after the final exhibition match at Okinawa Cellular Stadium. Longoria homered in the fifth in the 6-4 loss

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

Yep, DFA'd Jose Molina, Cole Figueroa and Michael Kohn. Got Jose Dominguez and Greg Harris for Peralta and Adam Liberatore.

Dominguez was added to the 40-man as well Matt Andriese, Ryan Brett, Grayson Garvin, Mikie Mahtook and Justin O'Conner.

Harris is the son of former pitcher Greg A. Harris who was a Devil Rays minor-league coach 1996-97. Dominguez is the cousin of Alex Colome.

They have eliminated Craig Council from the manager candidates.

Rookie ERA

Rays have narrowed the manager pool down to Raul Ibanez, Kevin Cash and Don Wakamatsu. Which means they have passed over any plan to hire from within and that Dave Martinez will also be leaving the team. He is under contract for next year, but he will probably be let out if he chooses.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Uh, I sure hope Friedman or Byrnes or whoever is making the decisions knows what the fuck they are doing, because they just gave up on three young arms Dominguez, Harris, and Garcia (acquired off waivers by the ChiSox). There has to be a reason why the Rays are dumping Peralta despite his still solid peripheral stats, and there has to be a reason why Liberatore still hasn't made it above Triple-A at age 27.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123