Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The David Price watch....

Rookie ERA

The David Price watch....

According the rumor mill the Rays and Mariners are in intensive talks about acquiring their pitching prospect Taijuan Walker plus a couple more young players (prospects D.J. Peterson and James Paxton are names being bantered around), for either David Price or Ben Zobrist or both together.

Supposedly, this was similar to talks that took place between these teams at the winter meetings and at the time Seattle said no as they are reluctant to give up Walker. It is unclear if comments claimed to be made by Price's agent in the off season that IF it were Seattle he had no interest in a long term deal with the M's which seems to be what they are looking for in potential players was the reason for the decline of a trade at that time. Now that Seattle could actually be in contention could soften Price's resistance to the idea.

Rookie ERA

Re: The David Price watch....

I'm tentative about how close this is, because a lot of people were fooled by a fake ken Rosenthal twitter account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000

Rookie ERA

I don't get my rumors or news from Twitter, besides there is no way to truly know how close or even real a "rumor" is anyway.

The deadline is looming so "talk" is of course heating up, I thought about posting a watch on the talk involving David (and other Rays) since with everyone of his starts (he pitches today) he seems to be at the top of the wish list. I never take anything involving the Rays too seriously until it actually happens as they have always been very hush hush about deals. So anything involving them is either reading between the snippets or comes from loose lips in other camps.

Locally, the sports guys are divided on whether there is a real possibility David will be traded until after the season it depends on how optimistic or pessimistic each one is about the Rays chances of actually challenging for a play-off spot.

Personally, I think the more likely person to go would be Ben Zobrist. After several years of being iffy in one or two outfield spots the Rays at the moment have a plethora of utility outfielders and Zo could be the odd/old man out. He has a few good years in him left and could help someone right now if there was a need. Brandon Guyer and Kevin Kiermaier have stepped up with regular playing time, Wil Myers obviously isn't going anywhere yet and though older than Zobrist, David DeJesus is safe being on the DL. Sean Rodriguez is a much cheaper alternative as the plug in guy and in reality he would likely not get as much playing time on another team as he does with Maddon.

Rookie ERA

That's fair. I mean, I expect there will be serious talks, especially between these two teams. I just noticed on Twitter last night that a fake account (worst part of twitter) had said a deal was "CLOSE."

I'd be a little surprised with Seattle taking on that money, but it'd be a big power move in the al west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM

Rookie ERA

I'm not a regular Twitter looker so I didn't see that, though I have heard of the fake accounts and accounts supposedly being hacked.

From an objective viewpoint though how sick would it be to have a Felix Hernandez David Price combo? The M's may not want to take on the price (pun intended) but then again teams get a little risky when a possible contention is on the line. In turn just as risky that the Rays may stand pat given that they mathematically might be able to get back into the race.

I just saw one report a few hours ago that Oakland might be looking to upgrade at second and Zobrist might be on their radar. You never know if these talks are actual murmurs or just wishful thinking on the part of local team sports writers.

Rookie ERA

Hernandez, Price, Iwakuma in a short series could be dirty...

Rookie ERA

A new day, new rumors......

Cardinals reportedly have picked up talks with Rays about Price continuing from the off season.

Indians are also said to be showing interest.

Mariners said to be concentrating more now on Zobrist.

Rookie ERA

A wild one I heard today was Price will be pitching against us Wednesday in a Brewers uniform.

Most of what I am seeing though has conceded that they way the Rays have been playing they won't shake the roster up.

Rookie ERA

It's two days before the trade deadline, Price is set to start tomorrow for a mid-day game against the Brewers. The reporters swarming when he hit the park tonight to get some sound bites, he says he is looking forward to a resolution one way or another. When asked if he's nervous or antsy or what he thinks will happen he answers but also subtly gives a personal plea.....

"I guess we'll have some answers in the next couple of days and see how it goes," Price said. "Just kind of have to wait and see."
    "No, not really," Price said. "I'll just continue to be the same person on the field every day. This is what I love to do. I'm not going to let this stuff get me down. That's no fun. Just go out here and work hard. Try and give myself a chance to win every fifth day. And hopefully, it's in a Rays uniform in two starts."

I hope so, too David.

Rookie ERA

The Rays "roving reporter" Todd Kalas is at the Trop he says there is activity in the "war room".

Rookie ERA

Joel Sherman @Joelsherman1
    Been told #Rays are definitely moving Price

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And so it begins...

Rookie ERA

Hearing the same.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

They turned down SS Addison Russell from the A's for this package of Smyly, reclamation project Franklin, and a low spec? And when they're actually closer to a playoff spot? Wow lol.

Rookie ERA

I am also of the mind that Friedman passed on what would probably have been good deals thinking he could do better, thus waiting too long, Lester goes, Lackey goes and then he got stuck. I would rather have had EITHER deal the Red Sox got.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast