Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The David Price watch....

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: The David Price watch....

But why not keep him at this point? They play their asses off to get back in it and then the front office basically says F U.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah I was kinda afraid of what was going on down in Tampa. Price and the Rays have been on fire as of late, and to trade him away and get less than value hurts big time.

Rookie ERA

I had been doubting a trade myself thinking the same thing, better to stay pat given how they've played. Not sure why, but for some reason right after his start Wednesday I had a feeling they just might pull one. I figured that IF they did it would be a big blockbuster. I don't have a problem with no real right now impact player so much as that not only did we get a struggling major league pitcher but only two minors.

This poor return is even worse given that the Rays already have attendance woes AND I can't believe this wouldn't cross the minds of the players that they really didn't get someone that will help them right now. I mean MAYBE Hickey can get Smyly on track quickly.

What makes me even more mad is the front office rhetoric, I wish they would just not say ANYTHING instead of the same old "we're confident" hyperbole, if you are going to make a statement have the balls to say the truth........."We didn't get the return we had hoped for, we'll try to do better in
    the future, for now we will try to keep pace in the division."

Many of the fans and media comments are calling for Friedman's job, I'm not quite ready to throw him off the catwalks just yet, but I wish they would just admit when screw up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Smyly is fine. If you have any hopes for this deal, Tampa needs to work magic on Franklin and hope Adames becomes something
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA

A little bit of smack talk is one thing, but this was low, hopefully this moron at our Fox affiliate gets some time off without pay.
    Thankfully it was removed somewhat quickly.

The David Price watch....-bt5xjtziaaatkyg-jpg

Touché...this guy should get a raise.

The David Price watch....-bt51ubxieaecsmb-jpg

Rookie ERA

As someone who works with radio station affiliates for a major broadcast news company, whoever tweeted that (from the station account no less) is a moron. So so so dumb. There's every chance he's out of a job today.
    LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLMariners293-517 (.362)0-0000002055-Present
    TBLPhillies559-413 (.575)20-24 (Series Record 2-6)412002013-End
    MSLTigers124-362 (.255)0-0000002052-2054

LeagueTeamRecordPlayoff RecordDivision TitlesConference Titles Championship WinsYears as GM
    KBSLNew York Knicks58-24 (.707)9-7 (2-1 series record)00000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12