Thread: Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to "Rays Up!"

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to "Rays Up!"

ODORizzi sure stunk up the 1st inning today

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

We gonna call this a rain delay in the Trop right now? Power surge knocked some lights out

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Now they're showing Bugs Bunny cartoons during the delay. The Rays are awesome

Rookie ERA

The power outage was lightning hit nearby, we are the lightning capital of the world. It's happened a couple times before. There were wires down a street over from me also, but we didn't lose power, just glitched for a second or two.

Yep, they roughed Odorizzi up, happens to everybody.

Trout in the DH and Freese had good a good game, brought in 2 runs each. 2 RBI's for Loney, Odorizzi was pulled after three innings, Weaver went 6.

The road trip theme for Oakland is formal wear.

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-buje22xcaaamaaf-jpg

Kevin "The Outlaw" Kiermaier

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-curt-casali-jpg

Catcher Curt Casali

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-westy-davey-fo-camoformal-jpg

Westmoreland, Martinez and Foley

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-zobrists-jpg

The Zobrists

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-bujrr-qiyaex1h3-jpg

Goofball of the day goes to Jake McGee in the orange.

Hanigan was feeling pain in his side after being the DH in Charlotte on Saturday, he will rest for seven days and be re-evaluated.

Rookie ERA

A's won in extras, 3-2 it was close game. After having lost quite a few challenges recently , the Rays won an overturn last night as an out call on Logan Forsythe at second was changed to a steal. Joe Maddon was ejected in the 10th when he objected to a check swing being called for Josh Donaldson which loaded the bases. Derek Norris singled for a walk off win, scoring ex-Ray Sam Fuld.

Smyly goes tonight Against Jason Hammel (another former Ray).

Rookie ERA

David Price's thank you letter was printed today, these have now become standard, but at least this one was very personalized.

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-burpy7hcqaakx5i-jpg

Thank you, St. Petersburg and thank you, Tampa. I've lived in both of you and enjoyed every minute.

Thank you, fans. I heard you ringing your bells each time I had two strikes. I heard your applause when I walked off the field. I heard your groans in support of me with close calls on balls and strikes. I heard you, I felt your presence, and I so appreciate you.

Thank you, Joe Maddon and Jim Hickey. You've believed in me. You've taught me. You've given me opportunities to shine. I will have you with me in every game the rest of my career.

Thank you, Cuz, Stanley Mc, Holmes, Foles, Davey, Shelty, Nelly Nel, and the amazing Don Zimmer. You've all meant so very much to me.

Thank you to my incredible Rays teammates. You have been my brothers and greatest friends. Thank you for our times together.

Thank you, Rick Vaughn, Westy, Ronnie P, Nation, and Vinword. I couldn't have made it through a day without you guys.

Thank you, Rays organization. From Vinny in the parking lot, to Berte outside our clubhouse, to Papito, Beans, Champ, T-Wall, Sexy Black, Nasty Nate, and all the many wonderful people who helped and supported me each day I was at the Trop. Thank you for being there.

Thank you, Stu Sternberg and Andrew Friedman. Thank you for drafting me. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to know all of the people I've mentioned above and the opportunity to experience the last six years playing for the Tampa Bay Rays. I'll forever be grateful.

Astro and I love you all. We miss you already. Although we begin a new chapter on the mound tonight, we will never forget you.

Love,
    David & Astro Price

Rookie ERA

Here's a few more from the Rays Formal.

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-bujcppzcyaa45l_-jpg

Dumb and Dumber
    Boxberger and McGee

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-bujdxrpceaani7e-jpg

Cobber

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 Season time to  "Rays Up!"-bujijpgceaaepfy-jpg

Maddon

Rookie ERA

Got shut out Tuesday night 3-0, a few miscues on the bases, reportedly Maddon came down a bit hard about some of the lack of focus.
    Perhaps it worked they came a bit more alive today taking the final game 7-3. Day off tomorrow.

Rookie ERA

The Rays took 2 of 3 from the Cubs, losing the last game where they donned those monstrosities they have the audacity to claim are uniforms. So, I guess that is a bit fitting.

They head to Arlington tonight, taking on the Texas Rangers who actually have a worse record. Probables are Drew Smyly and Colby Lewis in the first of a 4 game set.

Will Myers went 1-3 at the DH spot in the start of a rehab outing with the Durham Bulls in the first game of a double header he did not play in the second game.

Rookie ERA

Smyly pitched very well, 7.2 innings 3 hits, no runs, 3 walks and 9 K's as the Rays shut out the Rangers 7-0. Matt Joyce two RBI's.

Kiermaier was pulled from the game with back tightness in the sixth though it appears he tweaked it in the fourth while stealing second base. Hopefully, this is not going to be bad enough to send him to the DL.

Rookie ERA

After 4 hours and 49 minutes Cesar Ramos walked in the wiining run in 14th inning. Rangers win 3-2.

I gotta say though one of the best names right now in baseball....Rougned Odor.

Is it late enough in the season for me to do my yearly fire Derek Shelton rant????

Rookie ERA

Desmond Jennings out of line up with shoulder soreness.
    Rays take tonight's game 10-1, Joyce, Rodriguez and Guyer with home runs. Archer went 7 innings, gave up one run on 4 hits, walked two and struck out 12.

On a sad note, a young man from the Tampa area had recently moved to Austin, TX for a job and had driven to Arlington last night to cheer on the Rays. He was crossing a street near the field when he was struck by a car and killed after the game.

Rookie ERA

IF Cole Figueroa was optioned to Durham, RHP Brandon Gomes called up.

With Yu Darvish going on the DL, the Rays will face Robbie Ross Jr.in tonight's match. Jake Odorizzi takes the mound for the Rays.

Wil Myers went 1-for-3 with two walks in his third rehab game for Durham.

Rookie ERA

Rays took 3 of 4 from the Rangers.

Longoria went 2-for-5 with 3 RBIs including a 2 run homer, Forsythe went 3-for-4 with a 2 run homer. Odorizzi went 7 innings giving up 2 runs on 4 hits 1 walk and 7Ks. Rays ran off Robbie Ross Jr.after 4.1 innings as the Rays won
    6-3.

Geovany Soto had a 2 run homer and Rougned Odor hit a solo home run for the Rangers.

Yankees coming in tomorrow.

Rookie ERA

Rays have gotten back to .500 with a shut out victory over the Yankees. Cobb went 7.1 innings giving up 6 hits and one walk with 8 Ks. Loney with a solo homer in the 8th.

Kevin "Outlaw" Kiermaier will receive the Ray's 2014 heart and Hustle Award tomorrow before tomorrow night's game.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast