Thread: Tampa Bay Rays 2014 off-season

Rookie ERA

Tampa Bay Rays 2014 off-season

Zobrist and Escobar's options were picked-up. Myers ROY yes!!!! Looks like management will be back, I am already having withdrawls.

Rookie ERA

Re: Tampa Bay Rays 2014 off-season

Hmmm, Rays made a deal early (for them) in the off season. A three team trade receiving Ryan Hanigan from the Reds and Heath Bell from Arizona. Cincinnati gets David Holmberg from the D-backs and AZ gets Justin Choate and cash from the Rays. The Marlins will also be paying some remaining money due to off set the Bell contract.

For the time being, the plan is for Hanigan, Molina (who just signed a 2-year at 4.5 mil) and Lobaton (contract was tendered) going into spring training.

The Rays are expected to be somewhat of a belle at the ball during the Winter Meetings with Price (contract was tendered) being on the table.

Also tendered were Matt Joyce, Jeremy Hellickson, Sean Rodriguez, Jake McGee, and Cesar Ramos.

Sam Fuld and Wesley Wright are now free agents. I am hoping they resign Sammy, but if not I hope he finds a good home.

Rookie ERA

Re: Tampa Bay Rays 2014 off-season

Rays resign James Loney to 3 year $21 million contract.

Todd Glaesmann is the PTBNL sent to the Diamondbacks to complete the trade for Heath Bell.

The Oakland Athletics claimed Chris Gimenez off waivers.