Thread: Kazmir owns the AL East

Kazmir owns the AL East

Scott Kazmir limited the Orioles to one run and four hits in a victory tonight.
    He struck out seven in a second straight excellent performance. Kazmir has a 2.83 ERA in his 10 starts against AL East clubs this season. Overall, he's 5-7 with a 4.15 ERA.

At least he isn't only killing the Sox, but the rest of the AL East. The Mets may rue the day they traded him for the human walk machine named Victor Zambrano. Ouch.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think they are already feeling the effects of this bad trade. I want to see Kazmir make it as an ace sometime soon.

He can make it as an ace out of the AL if he wants.

They could have traded him to the Sox for Derek Lowe if they wanted (well, then the Sox would have not won the WS, I take that back)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    LOL, you would have hated that one. But it would be nice for the Sox to have him now though wouldn't it.

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    The Mets may rue the day they traded him for the human walk machine named Victor Zambrano. Ouch.
    Consider the man who dealt for him. How long do you think it would take for him to get that it was a bad idea to make that deal? I would wager... never.

Most fans with any ounce of knowledge would hangup the phone when they heard that offer (if it was a D-Rays offer) or would commit on the spot suicide once they made it (realizing the error of their ways instantly.)

Devil Rays fans lucked out though. What a franchise changing move due to the moronic thinking of someone else.

Kazmir benefits from having such a great manager at the helm of the team. Kazmir is a great pitching talent, he does need to get a lil bit better on his control. As for him being ace, I just don't see it. Not now atleast. I see him being a solid #2 or #3.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Kazmir is only 21 years old, c'mon! Having a good manager or not doesn't help you to hold batters to a .242 BAA and a 7.51 K/9. This kid has a great arm with fantastic stuff, and even though he still has some developing to go, he is having success at the MLB level. Now imagine what he'll be like when he is 25. I think this kid has ace written all over him.

Most 21 year olds are down in AA (and some even lower than that), and Kazmir is a staff ace on a MLB team.

Well I just don't get excited over this kid. He's a great talent, but Pinella is there, and I'm sure he has helped to further Kazmir. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of this kid to go crazy over him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    GoYankees, name 5 other 21 year old starting pitchers with similar numbers.

The ERA is nothing fantastic but my point is, despite being a bit unpolished (as indicated by his somewhat high walk total) he has held batters to a respectable BAA and had a very good K/9. Most teams would kill to have a 21 year old, with that kind of stuff, able to pitch in the bigs like that.

I can name two pitchers just as good and young as Kazmir.

Bonderman and Verlander both pitchers for the Detroit Tigers.

I completely understand that this kid is talented. I just don't get overly excited on 21 yr olds who have not shown consistency yr in and yr out. Just my thing.

I think Kazmir needs to get his control in order as he gets older, but his stuff has looked fantastic when I saw him.

Verlander is certainly impressive, but Kazmir's at least competing on two levels higher then Verlander has been (He's been at A, AA and MLB this year IIRC) and I think that Kazmir will be something special as long as his walks come down a bit.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Verlander hasn't pitched near enough yet to make a fair comparison to Kazmir. But if you want to, he's been more hittable, his control has been less and his strikeout totals aren't near as impressive.

Bonderman has also been 22 this entire season (but that's not my point), notice something about Bonderman's career. Shaky when he was first brought up at a young age, and he continues to improve. Kazmir was shaky last year, and he's been improving this year.

And fisher that's my point. How many young pitchers with stuff to go around have control problems as a young minor leaguer? A good deal. Guys like Bonderman and Kazmir just have to find that control, that consistency in the big leagues. I understand where you are coming from Yankees, and Kazmir needs to improve his control but my argument for him is due to his age and where he currently is at, having success at the big leagues. Not many pitchers come up at 20 like Bonderman and Kazmir, most are still in the lower minor league levels. Give him time, the consistency will come.

In spite of a slightly worse K/BB rate this year, Kazmir is having a noticeably better year. I don't think there are a lot of young pitchers I'd take over Kazmir for an entire career right now...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    See Felix when hes 21......
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

I KNEW that an M's fan was going to post about Felix. I saw your name and said "I bet this is about Felix"