Thread: Obstinate Orioles @ Rascally Rays 5/13-515

Rookie ERA

Obstinate Orioles @ Rascally Rays 5/13-515

Probables

Guthrie VS Hellickson (Battle of the Jeremys)

Bergesen VS Davis

Arrieta VS Sonnanstine (oh boy)

The Rays did the improbable in Cleveland taking the last two games of the series and ending the hot Indians home win streak. After a close battle Tuesday where they allowed a game winning literal walk off they managed to decisively beat the Tribe twice to finish 5-1 on the road trip.

The Orioles are coming off a sweep of the Mariners, Brian Roberts went 2-for-5 on Thursday night to snap out of a 1-for-26 slump. Mark Reynolds has nine hits in 73 at bats (.123) and has five RBIs in his last 24 games. Luke Scott is batting .310 with three doubles, four homers, nine runs scored and 12 RBIs in his last 15 games.

Upton will serve the rest of his suspension tonight. Hellboy has had the benefit of the best run support from the team and he’s needed it. He’s got great stuff but has been less than consistent and it has been short of a miracle as to how he hasn’t given up more runs. The last time the Jeremys met was just a week ago and the Rays won 8-2.

Johnny Damon tied Rabbit Maranville and Tim Raines for 74th on Major League Baseball's all-time hit list with 2,605 last night. Reid Brignac did not have an extra-base hit in his last 104 at-bats, setting a club record after passing Jason Bartlett's drought of 100 at-bats from May 13 to June 15, 2008, until he FINALLY hit a double on Thursday.

I guess I will have to take some tissues to the game tonight the Rays will retire the official radio call signs of the three St. Petersburg police officers killed in 2011, the first officers lost in the line of duty in St. Pete in more than 30 years. Thomas Baitinger, Jeffrey Yaslowitz and David Crawford all worked at Rays games. Each officer's call signs will be permanently displayed beyond the right-field wall.

Promos for this weekend..

for the ladies,going to go and get me a little slice of Evan.
    for all
    for the kiddies

Rookie ERA

Re: Obstinate Orioles @ Rascally Rays 5/13-515

Love is just not a big enough word to describe how I feel about this team!!!!

Matty J again jacking one out near the jumbo tron!
    JD in pretty much the same spot! (he now has passed Rabbit & Raines)
    Just when I diss a little on Hellboy, what does he do??? A complete game shut out!

Got my shirt, in fact I might sleep in it tonight. Good thing I took tissues, had to pass a few out to some people in front of me including an ex-marine.

The tall guys in white mixed with the officers families are Shields, Davis & Price. This will be permantly displayed above the Rays Tank in Center Field.

Obstinate Orioles @ Rascally Rays 5/13-515-100_0536-jpg

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Four hit shutouts are always good to see!

Rookie ERA

Well, they gave it right back to us tonight, the first time the Rays have been shut out this season. Bergesen was really on and a complete game for him, the first in his career after being a smidgeon away from a permanent bull pen gig.

Rookie ERA

Aaaargh, see what happens when I gloat and snoopy dance in the Yankees thread???? My team gets their butts handed to them on an orange platter!!!!

Go Red SOX!!! ..gawdammmit.

Rays VS Orioles Friday the 13th.