Thread: LosAngelesCaliforniaAngelsofAnaheimnearDisneyWorld @ Zorilla’sRays 4/29-5/1

Rookie ERA

LosAngelesCaliforniaAngelsofAnaheimnearDisneyWorld @ Zorilla’sRays 4/29-5/1

Probables

Santana VS Price

Pineiro VS Shields

Weaver VS TBD (word is Sonnanstine)

The Rays scheduled a T-shirt giveaway tonight featuring Zorilla, good timing on Ben’s part. Zoby went 8 for 14 against the Twins with 13 RBI’s. Will they give him a night off when he is the promo?

Santana is 0-3 with a 5.51 ERA, Price is 3-2 with a 3.19 ERA and will be starting with an extra day’s rest.

JD has a 16 game hitting streak.

Big promo weekend planned at the Trop.

Rookie ERA

Re: LosAngelesCaliforniaAngelsofAnaheimnearDisneyWorld @ Zorilla’sRays 4/29-5/1

Price not so sharp tonight, didn’t do very well shutting down the Ray killer, Kendrick. Let up a career high 12 hits. Our turn to get clobbered.

Homers for Matt Joyce (who was ejected in the 6th overreacting to a called strike 3) and BJ Upton. Kotchman’s been hot trying to make a case to keep his spot and Brignac can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Win streak ends at 5.
    Damon streak ends at 16.

Longoria 1 for 4 in his second rehab start. Alex Cobb was scratched from his start in Durham spurring speculation that he might be the one called upon to pitch on Sunday.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tough to beat a team who's name is bigger than the box on my iPod allows.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Tough to beat a team who's name is bigger than the box on my iPod allows.
    Yes it is..and I didn't catch it until after I posted that it should have been Land not World.

Big Game pitched another gem just short of another CG, sloppy win but we'll take it.

Rookie ERA

Alex Cobb made his debut,(Jake McGee was sent down to make room and to work on some issues.) started out aright, Rays gave him a 5-0 lead early. He gave a up a solo homer but was still crusing then just seemed to lose his control in the 5th, walked 2 gave up 2 runs and was yanked quickly. In my opinion Sonny is not a put the fire out kind of pitcher, but he got in there and just threw gas on the whole thing. So, Angels take the series the first one the Rays have lost since that awful first home stand.

Now, Joe has some thinking to do, my guess is Lopez goes to make room for Longo's retrun on Tues.. Evan will either stay in the 3rd hole with Zorilla & Matty behind or at 4th in between them. Rumor is Cobb will be replaced by another reliever possibly Brandon Gomes.