Thread: Twins @ Devil Rays 4/14-4/17

Rookie ERA

Twins @ Devil Rays 4/14-4/17

Probables

Pavano VS Shields
    Blackburn VS Davis
    Baker VS Niemann
    Duensing VS Helickson

Unfortunately, for the Twins Joe Mauer was placed on the 15-day disabled list with Bilateral leg weakness.

After the final game of the Sox series is postponed the Rays come home to the newly christened Tropicana Fuld. The won the first game in walk off fashion after suffering through 5 innings of a no hitter against a very sharp Pavano. Shields pitched well enough to keep the game close. Lopez doubled & Zobrist walked in the 9th, Joyce brings them home with a double to tie taking the game into extra innings. The Twins score in the top for the lead, but in the Rays half after Brignac flied out, Fuld gets a single and it’s Johnny Damon who hit’s a gliding homer to RF to win.

Tonight the league pays tribute to Jackie Robinson and Longoria receives his Gold Glove. I’m heading down to Tropicana Fuld, hopefully they can make it 4 in a row.

Rookie ERA

Re: Twins @ Devil Rays 4/14-4/17

Had a great time at the game, finally some run support for Davis. This is the only trip the Twins make here, so I wanted to see Thome since it is likely any day, month season could be his last. Not many of my old favorites left in the game.

Sam Fuld got the most ovations, those have belonged to Evan the past 2 seasons and I saw a Sam Fuld for Govenor, a Carl Who? Sam Fuld and a Manny Who? Jonny Damon signs. Looks like the fun is coming around again
    at least, just need more butts in the seats as usual.

MLB ERA

Yeah.. How is that Tobywan? That can't be a very pleasant sight to see all those seats open when you attend the game. Does it ever get really loud there in that stadium? And when I say really loud, like, does the place ever get rocking? I mean I'm sure it gets loud but you get what I'm sayin?

On the bright side.. The Royals and Indians have worse attendance this year than you guys.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Morneau look like he's lost weight and he just doesn't look healthy to me.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Twins are pathetic. Rays do it again with Zobrist homering on the second pitch from Nathan and Johnny Damon slapping a bases loaded two-run single to win it. Five game winning streak, what!??!

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston View Post
    Yeah.. How is that Tobywan? That can't be a very pleasant sight to see all those seats open when you attend the game. Does it ever get really loud there in that stadium? And when I say really loud, like, does the place ever get rocking? I mean I'm sure it gets loud but you get what I'm sayin?

On the bright side.. The Royals and Indians have worse attendance this year than you guys.

Yes, it can be a bit disconcerting. I know there are a lot of things that factor into it though. Easy for me to say it’s affordable, I only have to pay for myself, I rarely drink alcohol so it can be a pretty cheap night out. You start getting into couples or families and it can get very pricey to go often and as I said in another thread awhile ago the economy has hit this area very hard , at least according to those that keep up with the stats for growth and decline for the state.

For the most part it’s still better than it was several years ago, the home opener now sells out, there is a decent crowd usually for weekend games, especially the Saturday concerts and Sunday Family days. Of course still good crowds for the Sox and Yanks and we try to be gracious since those are usually the only crowds large enough to help us do a real wave.

On the bright side, I can usually get a single ticket in the spots I like at the last minute, don’t get crushed watching BP and very little gridlock trying to get home.

As far as loud, the dome amplifies, so even smaller crowds can sound loud inside, I have gone home with a headache on thunder-stick giveaway days. Both post season clincher games I went to were extremely loud even though the crowd last year was much less than in 2008, but I believe 2008 was a Sat. night as well as being the very first time they were anywhere near it, last year was mid-week. In that respect I don’t think we’re any different than any other team, I was at Yankee Stadium last year and the crowd got real silent when the Rays were hammering them and the place was packed as usual. In my experience the loudest crowd as far as stamina and regardless of being behind or getting clobbered was ST Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard View Post
    Morneau look like he's lost weight and he just doesn't look healthy to me.

I thought Justin looked a little pale and peckish, isn’t he married, doesn’t she feed him???

Twins @ Devil Rays 4/14-4/17-100_0118-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Five game winning streak, what!??!

Well, the streak ends at 5, at least we have been winning some series. Bring on the White Sox again!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Johnny Damon Rays look better, more competitive and more interested. They're drama free and now it's time to get Longoria back in the swing of things.