Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rays off-season 2010

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Rays off-season 2010

According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, the Rays are expected to sign Felipe Lopez to a minor league contract "in the next couple of days."
    Very interesting. The Red Sox would have received a supplemental first-round pick had Lopez signed a major league deal, so this works out pretty well for the division-rival Rays. Of course, the Red Sox could always go after the pick should he make the team's Opening Day roster. The 30-year-old Lopez batted .233/.311/.345 with eight homers, 37 RBI and eight stolen bases between the Cardinals and Red Sox last season.
    Aybar's replacement I guess.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rays signed RHP Juan Cruz to a minor league contract.
    Cruz posted a 3.38 ERA in five appearances last season for the Royals before undergoing season-ending surgery on his throwing shoulder in mid-May. He's all better now, but the Rays will probably ask him to begin the 2011 season at Triple-A. He posted a 5.72 ERA over 50 1/3 innings in 2009.
    Could be one of those diamonds in the rough.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Aybar's replacement I guess.
    That was my guess, too.

Not sure how I feel about Juan Cruz I remember seeing him in Spring training in AZ before the 2001 season, he had such promise.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think the Rays should sign Chad Durbin. I think he could really help and he is looking to join a contender.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123