Thread: It does my heart good.

Rookie ERA

It does my heart good.

With all the hardware and titles I am sure it is a small accomplishment in the Yankee world and for those that find any reason to hate on the Evil Empire. However, here in the Rays Republic we earned the modern day record of being tied at the top of our standings for eight straight days this late in the season with those baseball ruining Yankees. For an organization that was basically looking at the hind end of both the Yanks and Sox (as well as the O's and Jays) for a decade and now keeping pace it’s quite a feat.

To this particular fan that holds the minority opinion outside of New York that the Yankees business of baseball should be emulated not vilified and their tenacity and skills should be exemplified not spurned, I couldn’t be more proud of my bunch of rabble.

We face the Nation one more time and the Empire twice.
    Let’s dance.

Go Rays !!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: It does my heart good.

Its funny, as someone who is not invested at all in the AL East, I still get quite a kick out of the Rays performance. I don't hold anything against the Yankees, but to see the Rays build and build for the future and eventually have a team that can legitimately compete in the fiercest division in baseball really is special.

Rookie ERA

Re: It does my heart good.

Wouldn't you know, I say some nice things about my guys and they proceed to get their asses kicked.