Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins @ Rays 8/2-8/5

MLB ERA

Re: Twins @ Rays 8/2-8/5

By the way, Tobywan, do you see the Rays moving a starter this off-season to open the spot for Hellickson? The kid can throw (I've got friends that know him. He's a good kid).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Rookie ERA

Re: Twins @ Rays 8/2-8/5

Sorry it took so long to get back to your question. Went to Atlanta to see the Braves retire Glavine’s number and when I got back my Internet Router was down, probably hit by lightning again..

Anywho, originally I would say yes, I think it would be possible for Helickson to get a spot next year , Shields (for one) has not been himself as shown by Saturday’s BP against him. I personally have felt that Davis is just not ready. I also kind of thought things may work out for him to be used in September similarly to what they did with Price in 2008.

Now, it appears a spot has been opened for him anyway, with both Davis and Niemann going on the DL. I suspect if he is anything like he was in his debut down through the stretch he just may be that second half spark the Rays so desperately need right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12