Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Joyce ~ LF [R]

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Rays Matt Joyce ~ LF [R]

OF Matt Joyce, recovering from right leg tendinitis, is scheduled for two DH at-bats Thursday and is excited about it: "I feel like I'm ready. I'm tired of sitting in the trainer's room."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Matt Joyce ~ LF [R]

Totally worth giving up Edwin jackson!! Best trade of the offseason or should I say steal of the offseason?

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Totally worth giving up Edwin jackson!! Best trade of the offseason or should I say steal of the offseason?
    !!?? Even better than the Giants getting Randy Johnson?

All Star
    Rookie ERA

OF Matt Joyce had four at-bats in a Triple-A game Sunday, going 0-for-2 with two walks, scoring a run in the first.

He's slated to get some at-bats in the exhibition against the Yankees too.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Think OF Matt Joyce was excited for his first spring at-bat in a big-league exhibition? Joyce just came into the plate in the sixth, and swung at the first pitch, blasting it to the warning track in rightfield.

It was caught near the wall, but Joyce gave it a ride.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

B.J. Upton appears headed in the right direction with his rehab despite Saturday's setback when he got hit in the hand; Thursday he'll play in a Minor League game.

Meanwhile, Matt Joyce, who has missed much of the spring due to right-leg tendinitis, will make his first appearance of the spring in the outfield. Ironically, the start will come against the Tigers, Joyce's former team.

Finally, Akinori Iwamura is expected to be in camp Thursday and likely will see his first spring action with the Rays on Friday after playing the World Baseball Classic.
    Rays Plays

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It sucks that Joyce has been hurt all spring because he has had no chance of beating out any of the Gabe's for RF. I think he is more talented than both but he hasn't proved it to Maddon yet. Hopefully he will catch fire in these last two weeks and trun some heads.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Yeah, I really didn't see him have many AB's. I think will start the season in CF and Gabe Gross at RF if BJ is hurt.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Joyce made a catch in centerfield, running to his right. And he's 0-for-1 at the plate, including a walk and fly out.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Joyce finished his busy game, having picked up his first spring hit, stole a base, and looked good in centerfield, catching a ball in left-center and overall feeling "great."

"I didn't really plan on getting my first hit of spring training this late, but I guess it was a good team to get it against," Joyce said.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

OF Matt Joyce made his Grapefruit League debut on March 22. He had been sidelined with a sore right leg.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

The Rays got on the board in the fourth, thanks to three straight singles by Kapler, Joyce and Riggans.

Chris Richard knocked in another run with an RBI single, but Riggans was thrown out at the plate. Ray Olmedo tacked on an RBI single to give the Rays the lead.

Rays 3, Reds 2

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Rays continue to pile on Bronson Arroyo, with Joyce picking up a two-run double (his second hit of the inning) to give the Rays a 8-2 lead.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

Matt Joyce will be on the opening day roster and may start in centerfield.

Joyce was told of the decision a few minutes ago and elated at the news. Manager Joe Maddon said it was well deserved. Joyce was chosen over Justin Ruggiano.

Joyce's stay may be short, as B.J. Upton is expected to come off the DL for the April 13 home opener, but things can change. "It's definitely satisfying,'' said Joyce, sidelined the first half of spring training with right leg tendinitis. "They told me it could be for a short stay, it could be for a long stay, and take it for what it's worth. At least I get to break camp with them.''

The Rays may wait until Sunday's deadline to decide on the fifth starter, and thus the long relief spot. Both Jason Hammel and Jeff Niemann will remain in Florida and pitch in a minor-league intrasquad game in Port Charlotte.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

OF Matt Joyce, continuing to make his case to make the team, hit a double down the rightfield line in the fourth, putting runners on second and third. But both were stranded.

Twins 1, Rays 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast