Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Crawford owns Jeter

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Super Crawford owns Jeter

ESPN flips a coin. Heads its Red Sox, tails its Yankees. No room for good stories like the Marlins, Dbacks, Cubs, Cards, Rays, Twins, White Sox, etc. If I hear one person on ESPN complain come playoff time that no one who some of these guys are, I will bomb ESPN's campus because it is their own damn fault. I wish I could find ESPN's schedule of games.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I do have to agree that the Sox are given a lot of ESPN press, but they are actually ESPN's home club. That doesn't make it right that they have them on the game of the week 75% of the time. ESPN is a sports network and in my book they should cover all the markets. And for me it really doesn't matter if the Redsox are on ESPN, because I can see thm on NESN every night.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I looked at this week's schedule and no Yanks or Saux. I almost fainted.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Tonights game Angels and Whitesox. Maybe the person that was choosing tonights game was color blind and picked the wrong color Sox.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    No, I get the uni switch, I was talking about the name being on the back of the uniform for Jeter.
    (Unless that was supposed to be bizarro too.)
    You are correct, that is also bizzaro but the # wasn't visible so I guess that's why they did it?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    In their own minds it does, and in the world of ESPN.
    and in the World of opposing fans everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    I do have to agree that the Sox are given a lot of ESPN press, but they are actually ESPN's home club. That doesn't make it right that they have them on the game of the week 75% of the time. ESPN is a sports network and in my book they should cover all the markets. And for me it really doesn't matter if the Redsox are on ESPN, because I can see thm on NESN every night.
    ESPN doesn't have a "home club", ESPN is supposed to be neutral, it is a National network and the Sox aren't on Sun Night Baseball 75% of the time, they can't be. There is a limited amount of times teams can be on. Teams like the Yanks and Sox always reach that limit while other teams do not but there are limits.

There is perception and ther's reality, much like "Red Sox Nation" the perception is the Soc(and Yanks) are on SNB all the time but each has only played twice so far this year.

Sunday Night Baseball

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

There's more than Sunday Night Baseball!!

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    There's more than Sunday Night Baseball!!
    Sun Night Baseball and the Fox Saturday games are the only National games and each has limits on how many times a team can appear.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    and in the World of opposing fans everywhere.
    Then you mean less than half of the world revolves around the Yankees, because most of the teams in MLB don't even play them. Except for Interleague play which is the most idiotic idea ever. I don't care much about the American League, so the Yankees aren't very special in my world.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Sun Night Baseball and the Fox Saturday games are the only National games and each has limits on how many times a team can appear.
    And that's why the Yankees and Red Sox own ESPN. They are on all the ****ing time. Monday noght games, Wednesday night games, Friday night games and whenever else the ESPN brass want to put a game on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12