Thread: OF Alex Sanchez suspended

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

OF Alex Sanchez suspended

Sanchez became the first player to be suspended and named as a steroid user. The suspension will be a 10 day affair. This comes as a surprise to me personally, I guess that shows that anyone big or small could be a user.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I can't believe this. Wow, just goes to show you steroid users don't have to be big guys. They can be speedsters too.

Just like I had stated in the other thread. I was very shocked myself, and did not expect it from him. Hopefully he won't use them again. I think he's a great player, who just made horrible decision.

MLB ERA
    Wow. He's an awful player with absolutely no power, and that's WITH the steroids.

No power doesn't always mean a horrible player.

MLB ERA
    You're right, but Alex Sanchez is awful for many other reasons. He can't get on base, he can't steal bases effectively, and he's bad defensively. If there ever was a useless guy hitting .322, Alex Sanchez is it.

MLB.com: Sanchez accepts suspension

Suspended Devil Rays outfielder Alex Sanchez had decided not to appeal his 10-day suspension for violating Major League Baseball's steroid policy.

"First and foremost, it must be made clear that I do not condone the use of steroids, and I want to take this opportunity to warn everyone -- especially children -- of their danger," said Sanchez in a statement he released through the Devil Rays. "I also would like to thank the Devil Rays' organization, its fans, and the general public for the support they have given me over the past few days.

"I recently failed a Major League Baseball drug screening because I used an over-the-counter supplement that I purchased before the laws banning certain substances changed on January 15th. If I am guilty, I am guilty of not taking the initiative to learn more about the contents of what I was taking. Once my agent informed me that I had tested positive, I then started finding out what was in my supplements. Then, and only then, did I find out about the particular ingredients of this supplement."