Thread: How? Why? What the ****?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

How? Why? What the ****?

Edwin Jackson didn't do much to save his job Wednesday, managing to record just one out while giving up five hits and five runs.
    He still hasn't won this year, and walking two and giving up two homers in just 42 pitches won't get him any closer to victory. Jackson, whose ERA is up to 8.10, may have to taste victory from the bullpen at this rate.
    How is this guy still in the majors? I know this question is coming about a month late but really. I have known this guy wouldn't be anything special when he was with the Dodgers. Jason Hammel and Jeff Niemann should be in that rotation over Seo, Jackson and Fossum. The Rays have some guys that can pitch better than these losers. Jackson should be released as should Seo. Make some room for some real talent and act like you want to win. It was a big sigh of relief when they drafted a pitcher a #1.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: How? Why? What the ****?

You wish Edwin Jackson was still with the Dodgers.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I was just gonna post a topic on this...what the hell happened to this guy? I always heard how he was some amazing prospect coming out of the Dodgers system and he's been nothing but god awful here in Tampa.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing he was rushed to the majors and never got comfortable, that's the only explanation I have for his mega-struggles.