Thread: Gathright deal not paying dividends

Gathright deal not paying dividends

J.P. Howell gave up three runs and eight hits in 6 2/3 innings Saturday in a loss to the Mariners.
    A fluky triple play made the outing look better than it was. In the first inning, Seattle had Jose Lopez on third and Adrian Beltre on first when Raul Ibanez struck out on a 3-2 pitch. Beltre broke for second on the play, but pulled up short of the base when catcher Dioner Navarro's throw easily beat him to the base. Shortstop Zobrist caught Navarro's throw and took a few steps before tagging out Beltre as he headed back toward first. Zobrist then threw home and Navarro tagged out Lopez on his attempt to score from third. Howell, who is 0-2 with a 6.43 ERA, might be bounced from the rotation with Jae Seo returning. It could depend on how Brian Stokes performs Sunday.

So, who has been more disappointing to their new teams? Seo (LA and TB) or Howell (TB). I mean, major talent (or notable) got dealt for these guys, and they suck
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I never thought Howell would pay off for Tampa, and I never will until something gives.

Seo on the other hand, eh, they only gave up Hall and Slippery Hendrickson, right? I think Hall was on his last thread with the Rays anyways.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    nothing works out for devil rays
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Gathright hasn't exactly been great since arriving in KC either

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Gathright deal not paying dividends

How good was this deal for the Rays? Even though nobody could have saw Howell becoming great, that trade just goes to show that you can't lose by exchanging an outfielder with speed and defense but can't hit at all for any pitcher with some upside since you can always convert him to a reliever should he not pan out as a starter.

AAA ERA

Re: Gathright deal not paying dividends

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I never thought Howell would pay off for Tampa, and I never will until something gives.

Seo on the other hand, eh, they only gave up Hall and Slippery Hendrickson, right? I think Hall was on his last thread with the Rays anyways.

What's it like... to be...SO ****ING WRONG? HUH? HAHAHAHA.