Thread: Lou Piniella is an "idiot."

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Lou Piniella is an "idiot."

Curt Schilling might have a point about Devil Rays manager Lou Piniella, but the Red Sox share responsibility for the escalation of knockdown pitches between the teams. If, as Schilling says, a Rays player called Piniella an "idiot," citing him as the reason the team loses 100 games, that player is clueless. Piniella is the reason that the Rays don't lose 120 ...

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3584318

I don't exactly remember at all what Curt Schillin said about Piniella. But I have to say that D-Rays having Piniella gives them a "face" per se. One big name guy that the rest of the fan base can reckon with. "Rays? Isn't that the team who is managed by Lou Piniella." That type of situation.

Piniella has stepped the Rays up a level. He makes them a better team, and he's the best guy for the Rays manager position. If Rays didn't have Piniella as manager, I really don't think that Rays would be this good. Ya, they have talent, but could any manager do as good of a job as Piniella as bringing out that talent? I really don't think so. Lou is one of the greatest managers in my mind when I think of baseball. Truthfully anybody that talks down on Piniella is a complete dumba$$.

MLB ERA
    shouldn't a thread entitled "Lou Pinella is an idiot" be saved for the smack forum?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Not neccesarily. She titled this as what Schilling had called Piniella.

This thread is more about how Piniella makes Rays a better team. Or atleast that is what this thread is about to me.

AA ERA
    I think Schilling is an idiot for making wild accusations about how the players hate Lou to a man and how Piniella is ordering his pitchers to throw at batters. That's silly and idiotic. Good for Lou in responding.