Thread: Santana/Crawford Trade Works Still Continuing

Santana/Crawford Trade Works Still Continuing

The Devil Rays and Angels have reportedly discussed a trade that would swap Carl Crawford for Ervin Santana.
    The Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels "are extremely reluctant to part with one of their best young pitchers," although Crawford seems like a more valuable property right now based on his more proven track record.

If I'm the Devil Rays, I want more than Ervin for CC. Ervin is a very nice, young, MLB ready pitcher, a commodity they desperately need. However, Crawford holds many of the proverbial tools an OF is desired to have and he is producing with a .300+ BA and 20+ SB, not to mention a decent OBP/SLG. I'm surprised the Angels are reluctant on this one, although many of their top prospects are on the offensive side of the ball
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Idk Pitchibng is a commodity and Santana has skittles and could be a future ace. And with his experience @ 23 I very much would want more if I'm the Angels.

MLB ERA
    Ervin and another prospect for Crawford sounds right.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    i would do this in a second if i was tampa. pairing up kazmir and santana at the top of the rotation is genius on about 300 levels, and plus theyre STACKED in the outfield... currently, and with forthcoming prospects, even with delmon young being clinically insane. this would be a stellar trade for tampa... and it would be a damn solid trade for anaheim too, because crawford is a monster on wheels, but you gotta love the potential of a rotation with kazmir and santana on top.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I'd keep Crawford...Rocco for Santana seems about right to me as that would solve the Angels CF issues.

MLB ERA
    I am the biggest Baldelli fan in the world, and no way in hell is he worth enough to net Santana.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    I am the biggest Baldelli fan in the world, and no way in hell is he worth enough to net Santana.
    throw in a spec? I think the Rays would be making a bigger mistake trading Crawford than the Angels would be trading Santana

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    If I'm the Angels, I don't think I could just let go of Santana for Crawford. Thye have to know they will have a great rotation with Weaver and Santana for years to come. Every team know they are making room for Young.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that Chone Figgins was involved too. In this case, the Devil Rays should definitely pull the trigger.

MLB ERA
    so Figgins and Santana for just Crawford? or was there another Ray involved? I'd do that if I were the Rays...I'm just not very high on Santana

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I haven't heard or read Figgins name in any deal proposals. If so, that is too much for the Angels to give up.