Thread: Wow, the Devil Rays are really freaking boring

Wow, the Devil Rays are really freaking boring

Seriously, outside of one of the worst bullpens I have ever seen (this has to rival the Fox/Howry days in Boston) and the neverending Baldelli stay on the DL, is there anything interesting about this team? I mean, Jonny Gomes is hitting the shit out of the ball. Cripes, I want to post about something interesting, but how can a team with so much young talent have their most exciting story in AAA...throwing bats at umpires?
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    How about a guy named Scott Kazmir? Scott Kazmir fanned eight while yielding one run over seven innings Tuesday in a win over the White Sox. This guy is really putting things together and and will be the Rays All Star.

AA ERA
    And to think the former Mets GM dealt Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano... Hate to say it but uh... what a dumbass! I thought that when the trade first occured and being reassured of it now.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Kazmir has been sickeningly good this year.

However, Maddon has to watch the pitch counts. I think they can be a bit overrated, but for a young, great arm like Kazmir, there's no need to have him throw 110 pitches with a 7 run lead.

MLB ERA
    With the D-Rays bullpen, a 7 run lead isn't safe. Having Kazmir go well within his range just a bit over 100 pitches is cool I'd say. This isn't a 150 pitch Kerry Wood or Livan Hernandez situation here.

Just showing Maddon is slightly better than...Frank Robinson and Dusty Baker. What's next, a Torborg comp?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Kazmir pitched 8 innings of shutout ball and struck out 11. Youngest pitcher to get 7 wins this early in a season.

MLB ERA
    I happen to like the Devil Rays. They have a lot of injuries, but they have a bunch of mashers there, including Jonny J. Gomes. But even better is the way Maddon is managing. He is so old school it's refreshing. He leaves his #1 in no matter the situation, and I respect him for that. **** pitch counts. I'd rather watch the Devil Rays than the Marlins, Royals, the entire NL West, and most of the AL West. They suck, but every game they play is insanely interesting. Not to mention, I can get good seats when they come to NY.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    NL West is the best division in baseball right now so its obvious you aren't watching anything but Devil Rays games!!!