Thread: Delmon Young: Fiddy Games

Delmon Young: Fiddy Games

Delmon Young was suspended for 50 games without pay by the International League on Tuesday.
    IL president Randy Mobley said that he could not determine, with absolute certainty, that Young had intended to hit the umpire when he threw the bat. "If I had, I would have suspended him for the entire season," Mobley said. "He explained to me that it was his intent to throw his bat and throw his helmet back toward to the plate to show his disgust with the call, as we've seen in other situations, and there was a miscalculation." Young will also perform at least 50 hours of community service. It seems like a fair penalty to us. Young has already been sitting out since April 27, so he'll be eligible to play again on June 19.

Fair enough, perhaps it should have been a little harsher, but...well...
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I think 50 games without pay will make him learn his lesson.

MLB ERA
    I read from another forum that he thinks that he threw the bat on the ground and it flew and hit the ump. Their is no way the bat could go that far by throwing it at the ground.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AAA ERA
    I'm ok w/ 50 but he should have gotten the season.

I have to admit that i chuckled seeing the bat hit perfectly on the ump's chest. They slo-motined it on ESPN like 1,000 times....LOL
    What is the worst source of diarrhea ?
    A)A bowl of chili, or
    B)Curt Schilling's mouth