Thread: A Wigginton/Branyan platoon

A Wigginton/Branyan platoon

Devil Rays placed third baseman Aubrey Huff on the 15-day disabled list with a left knee injury.
    According to the Tampa Tribune, Huff will miss four to six weeks. The Rays should use a platoon of Russell Branyan and Ty Wigginton at third base for now. Sean Burroughs might become a factor at the end of the month, but he still needs to go on a rehab assignment. Both Branyan and Wigginton are worth using in AL-only leagues, Branyan especially.

That cannot be good, especially considering a drop in the OF (if he played LF for instance) is much less painful (maybe to Gathright) than a drop to Branyan or Wigg at third.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Dear Devil Rays,

Its BJ Upton time. Recognize.

Sincerely,

The General
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Dear Devil Rays,

Its BJ Upton time. Recognize.

Sincerely,

The General
    Agreed.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Where the hell is Sean Burroughs?

On the bench, where he belongs.

Good to see former Brave Branyan getting at bats though.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

It seems getting Wiggy with it wants a job...

Ty Wigginton drove in three runs with a single and a groundout in Saturday's win over the Royals.
    Wigginton has 11 RBI in 10 games. With the injuries to Aubrey Huff and Rocco Baldelli creating vacancies in the lineup, Wigginton will keep starting until he cools off.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Damn. Wigginton is on a hot streak. Always love to see players who will push themselves harder when trying for a starting position.