Thread: 2014 Col. Rockies

Rockies 2014 Col. Rockies

Ok, 5 time defending NL West Champs dont plan on giving it up this year...

Wins : 104, Losses : 58 last year......we lost a catcher, traded 2 SP's most likely and have added some bench guys and a SP

1B: Miguel Cardillo,(5.0 spec, 2 year starter)
    Miguel is among the best 1b in the league and has been starting for two seasons now. .297-28-108 RBI last year. I fully expect him to play like an all star again this year

2B: Augustine Farnsworth (5.0 spec)
    Aquired in the offseason for David Parker, All Star catcher. Hard to lose Parker but glad to have Farnsworth on board. 25 years old and nicely developed, another all star candidate for the Rockies. .271-11-61 last year, should easily top those numbers this year.

SS: Mark "Butch" Brown. 3.5 Stars
    .296-42-105 last year......one of the best SS in the league, can also play 2b also On Base machine. Another year, another all star season

3B: Alfonso Agosto (2.5 star), Troy Glaus (3.0), Nate Spears (1.0 star)
    This will be a platoon position. Alfonso Agosto is 7 contact and 7 avoid K. Will will work nice with Nate Spears (8 contact, 10 avoid K, 6 discipline). Troy Glaus kills lefties, which makes him a 3.0 player but will find himself in the minors to make room for the other two.

LF: Mystery 2.5 OF (there is one coming via trade)...also have 3 2.0 OF that are options.....more to come

CF: Chris Snelling, 3.0
    Hit .322-29-114 last year in just 141 games. Made all star team last year and I expect him to make another run at it this year. Missed playoffs last year due to injury along with E. Reyes which hurt our run, hopefully can stay healthy.

RF: Ezequiel "Workhorse" Reyes, 3.0
    .294-27-93 last year. Another guy who made the all star team last year, can also play CF, once again will play a big part on this team's run into the playoffs.

Catcher: Ryan Garko (2.5), Rob Bowen (2.0)
    Garko brings power and nice hitting for a catcher hitting 8th. He will split time with Rob Bowen who is an on base machine. Bowen getting on base 42.9% of the time last year in 132 AB's as a backup. Also have a David Parrish available to catch if either of these two go down.

Suber Sub OF: Kyle Boyer (2.0)
    Always plays a big part the last few years. Hit .308 with 17 HR last year in limited duty. Always hits around .300 and will be first guy in OF if somebody goes down.

SP:
    2 SP's are getting ready to be traded, So...I wont include him....whats left...

Basically the pitching staff is strong. We led the league in ERA last year in Colorado and I expect to be very strong again this year.

1. Peter Garner, 4.0
    2. Pedro Liriano, 3.5
    3. Kenneth Stetson, 3.5
    4. Chris Crum, 3.0
    5. Allan Eaves (8-9-5 right now, spec) or Sandy Tejada, 3.0

MR:
    Mauro Rivera, 5.0
    Ben Torre, 4.0

Closer:
    D. May 5.0

Overall, I expect to win the division.....around 100-110 games and get ready for the crapshoot of the playoffs.

AAA ERA
    I smell fear... The Dodgers and Giants are coming for you!
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Allba-- im an offense away from catching you but, the dodgers and giants have a ways to go!!!
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    hopefully you enjoy your easy division title
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg