Thread: 2014 Texas Rangers

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

2014 Texas Rangers

Catchers: James Johnson, Chris Stewart - James Johnson is the starting catcher. At 22, he stands to get better. In 23 games last season, he hit .316 with 1 home run and 8 RBI's.

First Basemen: Joe Thurston, Eddie Kim - While Thurston is not a true 1B, he did the job satisfactorily last season. Look for him to continue to be an adequate 1B while Texas looks for a replacement.

Second Basemen: Gregory Hannum - He is one of the bash brothers for Texas. He hit .287 with 27 HR's. He is 3 years removed from hitting .349 with 49 jacks. Look for him to continue to excel.

Third Basemen: George Kleist - At only 23, he is one of the wildcards on this team. In his only season, he hit .339 for Texas.

Shortstop: Brandon Phillips, Robert Wexler, Matt Moses - Brandon Phillips will start at SS for Texas. He is 32 years old and is another powerhouse for Texas. Look for Texas to possibly move him for a younger, but comparable replacement.

Outfielders: Kevin Clanton, Anthony Webster, Juan Rivera, Alejandro Machado - Clanton, Webster, and Rivera are the starters in LF, CF, and RF respectively. Clanton is the second bash brother. He hit 38 bombs last season and looks to improve on that number. Webster and Rivera also have good pop in their bat.

Starting Pitching: Ronald Belizario, Mateo Miramontes, Kurt Ainsworth, Brandon Lauer, Mark Prior - This is the strength of the Rangers. Miramontes was acquired at the deadline from Pittsburgh to solidify an already solid starting rotation. Belizario is the stud of the staff. However, age is becoming a concern for the rotation. Texas will probably look for a youth movement at the position this season.

Relievers: Cliff Bartosh, Nick Masset, Seung Song, David Pahucki, James Phillips, John Brown, Pedro Orozco - Masset and Orozco are the studs of the reliever corps, with Orozco being the closer and Masset being the setup man. Look for Texas to upgrade this position at some point this season.

Overall: Texas could contend with the pitching staff, but will have to have good years from the offense in order to get to the promised land.
    rf28

I think we are looking at the possible AL West champ for sure.

MLB ERA
    a very good team that will contend for the AL title
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I really need a 1B and 3B. If I get those positions, I agree that I could make a run at the AL West.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Hannum is all the offense you need
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

What a pitching staff... it'll carry you well through the division. Unless Belizario wakes up with a bum arm.

Redsfan, I have either Santor or Tony Rodriguez of Boston available. I;m looking for an OFer or specs/
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic