Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Role of the trade council discussion

MLB ERA

Re: Role of the trade council discussion

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    I'll admit the S3SL TC has gotten a few wrong, both letting some pass that should have failed and failing some that should have passed. I'm probably one of the more lenient votes and I am glad that our TC is a healthy mix of different personalities, perspectives, and from across different divisions in the league largely.

As for the TC, our's has never been hidden knowledge or a secret society. And it has been together for YEARS. Same guys voting on every deal and I really can't remember who was on it before these guys, as some have been on it from the start. I think Fisher/Waruv and McKain were on it at one point, but I've had less than 8 or 9 total over the 6 or 7 years this league has been going on. IF you want to talk about a thankless job, it is theirs, and I really appreciate their help and passion for the league.

Zito is absolutely right too, everyone in the TC has had deals rejected. We don't play favorites, we might be a bit more watchful of new GM's or big talent but I think that is what anyone would expect.

I'm not dismissing this thread at all, just wanted to share those points with everyone, so please keep discussing guys.

I think you are missing the main point of this thread... I think the main question being asked here is should the TC be looking at A) Fairness or B) Whether its robbery, and is unfair for the league... I think all the TC members above are saying its A which is the point Impossibles is bringing here

He's saying it should be B, except for cases of new GM's/multi-time offenders (me included) and I think he's spot on
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Having seen the past makings of option B, a while ago in a league I'm still in. Its best to keep that element of option A in there. B leads to a slippery slope.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AAA ERA

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003 View Post
    You shrug it off, try again, and/or move on.
    And this should be everyone's attitude. I mean, we have nothing at stake in these leagues. And all of the work is placed on each of the commissioners.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Having seen the past makings of option B, a while ago in a league I'm still in. Its best to keep that element of option A in there. B leads to a slippery slope.
    It shouldn't IMO if applied correctly. The Supreme Court does this, it assumes the state is right except in cases of script scrutiny...

I'm just saying it should there should be less weight on A and more on B

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There still has to be an bigger element of A than B, this is what has worked in all 3 leagues.

And let me chime in on the TC thing a little. It is not easy to be in a TC because it is like being umpires in leagues. No way will be perfect but like Haf, said you just have to regroup and get together a deal. People view trades differently, it will happen with either option. Why fix what is broken? I've had so many deals failed in this league, only very few have less than I do. Just roll with whats given. Most of the time you will get a good reason why it failed.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    I think you are missing the main point of this thread... I think the main question being asked here is should the TC be looking at A) Fairness or B) Whether its robbery, and is unfair for the league... I think all the TC members above are saying its A which is the point Impossibles is bringing here

He's saying it should be B, except for cases of new GM's/multi-time offenders (me included) and I think he's spot on
    Exactly. Thanks for not missing my point.

Koz, this isn't about "making a big deal" about a failed trade, its a discussion on what the intended purpose of the TC is.

I feel the TC has gone a bit too far in the involvement of how we run our teams. There is no question my team has been hurt by the TC, and I question why that is a benefit to the rest of the league.

I play a lot of fantasy baseball, and the only reason a trade should ever be vetoed is if collusion is suspected. Leagues often get ruined when trades get vetoed for other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Why fix what is broken?
    *chuckle*

?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hybrid has been around for 23 sim seasons

S3SL and Molina leagues have been around for 30+ sim seasons.

Ive seen 3 three verisons of SBSL, TSSL, TPSL, and Third Base all die with these three have been around. This is the 1st thread about the TC ever, in any league on this forum. They all earned that right to run a TC on how they see fit. 90% of the time they get it right.

MLB ERA

TSSL shoulda never died

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I thought about bringing it back, but the idea was rejected (apparently).

MLB ERA

We disagree, within the TC, all the time.. we also easily pass most deals.. and while I will not go in to who butts heads when or who voted how... what I will say is that we all know this is a game for enjoyment, and we all know that most in the league know what they are doing...

A lot of things are always taken into account... financials being the biggest one (not going in the red)... no getting some uber stud for 2 4 star spects who are underdeveloped and similar types of deals... etc... but I think that while we may have made a bad decision on occasion, most NEVER have a reason to complain on what we have tried to do
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post

I didn't miss it, but I'm sharing a perspective that is unique about our TC which some may not have known. I don't plan to debate here (that doesn't mean I won't change things, I am just not going into the point and counter-point.)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would say good luck having a league that let's its members do whatever they want. You'll find that there's more people that would not want any part of a league like that, than the few who do. And Porter painted it very clearly, these 3 leagues have been around for a great length of time. They have all had councils in place. I am not saying they exist for this length because of a TC either, just that the council works and it's not broken despite what you may believe. You claim a big deal isn't being made, however, I get the sense it is because you keep providing reasons why you feel the need to change the council, or abolish it.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ill be honest... me and saber hate you all and fail everything. suck it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast