Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion about Tanking

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Strike 3 Sim League Discussion about Tanking

We're working on it...but you have to tear things down before you build them back up...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2032 S3SL Random Ramblings

We have Houston, it's fair.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBall13 View Post
    We're working on it...but you have to tear things down before you build them back up...
    Yeah... but this is like a complete tank, with throwing 5-1-3 rated starting pitchers out there and a leadoff hitter with 3 contact... you actually have better at your AAA
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBall13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Yeah... but this is like a complete tank, with throwing 5-1-3 rated starting pitchers out there and a leadoff hitter with 3 contact... you actually have better at your AAA
    He isnt the only one. But you should really at least try and put your best players out there. Whether theyre old or not and try and trade em. Youve got some nice pieces wasting away at AAA getting paid anyways might as well use them maybe someone will like what they see.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Oh I know ones like HOU don't even have a complete team, and Cincy is running a 3 man rotation and I'm not praising those either... but I mean c'mon with some of the ones in DET's ML roster, it's a bit obvious of the tank job... to rebuild is one thing, to tank is a whole other can of worms

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Im not going to praise DET here for what I'm about to say. But right now NO ONE WANTS TO trade their spects. You can have a block and have guys hit .333-8-20 to start the season or have the same block for 3 seasons. Ive only traded the one I most recently gotten. So you can't bash DET for having a shitty roster when no one is making an effort to offer up the spects. Real Talk.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Im not going to praise DET here for what I'm about to say. But right now NO ONE WANTS TO trade their spects. You can have a block and have guys hit .333-8-20 to start the season or have the same block for 3 seasons. Ive only traded the one I most recently gotten. So you can't bash DET for having a shitty roster when no one is making an effort to offer up the spects. Real Talk.
    Not blaming DET for not being able to complete a trade.. but for playing or starting a 5-1-3 SP when there are better ones just sitting in AAA... or putting a 3 contact hitter in the leadoff spot at SS with even slightly better ones in AAA #55 Santiago Contreras, Shortstop, 28 yrs, Detroit Tigers - Out of the Park Baseball Report , #15 Joey "Creole" Marquez, Second Base, 23 yrs, Detroit Tigers - Out of the Park Baseball Report , OR EVEN ON THE ML ROSTER #96 Shinatarou Natsume, Shortstop, 32 yrs, Detroit Tigers - Out of the Park Baseball Report is flat out, unadulterated, bullshit tanking

And that's not going into the others at AAA who are even being paid ML contracts that are sitting there in the pure effort to tank.... BB can lie to your face all he wants, it is obvious bullshit.... personally blatant tankers should forfeit the first round pick.... that would be a definite deterrent

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I agree with the reasoning is shit. But when people dont make offer for those guys when they are playing in the ML or AAA. Its frustrating for a GM to try and rebuild their guys without letting them rot. An no one wants to give up the spects to help speed up the rebuilding process.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I agree with the reasoning is shit. But when people dont make offer for those guys when they are playing in the ML or AAA. Its frustrating for a GM to try and rebuild their guys without letting them rot. An no one wants to give up the spects to help speed up the rebuilding process.
    Does not excuse not fielding your best or close to your best team.... this is obvious tanking... and i could list more sitting in AAA (and as stated, some earning ML bucks in AAA) that show the obvious tank job

And we could also go into the ones in the starting lineup on the ML roster compared to those sitting on the bench

Can't shit in an ice cube tray and tell me it's a jello pudding pop

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Im pretty much saying people dont make an effort to deal their spects and their entitled too.

As for DET, I agree with you.

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Wow...I do love being the center of attention and all...but everyone just chill and run your own teams on this game in your own way and we'll all be good...

P.S. -- I may not be able to shit in an ice cube tray and tell you that it's a jell-o pudding pop, but I'll bet you'd believe it if Bill Cosby told you so

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Last time I tried tanking, I won 110 games.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What we are accustomed to are the Dams and Bwittys tanking, basically because they neglect their team for 2-3 seasons at a time. Purposeful tanking, it's fairly new to this league. Or, as Dave-o puts it, pure unadulterated tanking. Hyuk. Ultimately, it'll take him a very long time to really rebuild, he's way behind the 8 ball on Minnesota and now KC and as we have seen, Slyder does not up and disappear from his GM duties.

It's dumb to look at it, but it's not really going to matter in the long run.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kansas City was dealing prospects. Chicago is dealing a prospect, as is Tampa. mntwinsfan says he'll deal prospects for a reliever/closer. Foster says he might move some young guys. I have a prospect in my trade block available. It's a matter of people offering talent that others really want.
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Especially considering the drafts here aren't very deep (not saying they should be). Even if you have the number 1 pick, you're not going to get a whole lot beyond that. It will take many drafts to rebuild even if you're trying to supplement via FA.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast