Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Discussion about Tanking

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Discussion about Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    OM you are one of the few GM's that has trouble dealing with me, I have no problems with 95% of the GM's that approach me so i know you got this longstanding opinion I'm unworkable but I trade with Slyder, Porter, NYGF among others all the time and in fact u called me the "trade happy GM" so how am i impossible to work with?

That aside, I agree with a lot of what has been said, I apologize for not having a full bullpen but that wouldn't have changed anything... and Yes I could buy a 70 win team but that doesn't have long term value for many reasons which have been mentioned above. I tried to buy Yacquet and sell him at the deadline for 3 years now and have gotten 0 PM's...

Prospects in this league take longer to develop as well so the impacts of my drafting will start to be felt over the next couple years
    You must've forgot to take your meds... When did I say you were impossible to trade with or trade happy? I only remember one contentious discussion between us and that was private on IM after you botched the Aguirre for Matusz trade. I said you try to gouge the other GM in your trade negotiations with me and many of the trades you submit to the TC. I don't remember commenting further than that, but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

You so miss the point with not having your roster filled out. Just purchase cheap FAs or even FAs who take MLCs and fill out your damn roster and no one will say anything. (unless you have fully developed players in the minors, but you haven't done that yet.) It does make a difference! That engines are statistical so even a shitty rated player will have a decent game once in a while.

MLB ERA

Re: Discussion about Tanking

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    You must've forgot to take your meds... When did I say you were impossible to trade with or trade happy? I only remember one contentious discussion between us and that was private on IM after you botched the Aguirre for Matusz trade. I said you try to gouge the other GM in your trade negotiations with me and many of the trades you submit to the TC. I don't remember commenting further than that, but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

You so miss the point with not having your roster filled out. Just purchase cheap FAs or even FAs who take MLCs and fill out your damn roster and no one will say anything. (unless you have fully developed players in the minors, but you haven't done that yet.) It does make a difference! That engines are statistical so even a shitty rated player will have a decent game once in a while.
    I mistook what you wrote above about trading... my bad...

And the roster is filled out... that was my fault and its fixed
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678