Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2030 S3SL Random Ramblings

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2030 S3SL Random Ramblings

I'd always take Olsen back
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    McSpadden has been a good signing so far, even with him losing a point in rating on contact...
    How about giving me a little ****ing credit? Not so much as being incapable of retaining him yet again, but you know damn well that I'm the only reason McSpadden is still the player he is at his age. Anyone else would've ridden him to the ****ing ground already.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Just noticed the mets have 18 wins. Break up that juggernaut.
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

after a nice 8 - 5 sim for my first S3SL sim, we follow that up with a "meh" 5 - 8 sim. oh well, it's not like this team is that good or anything. the pitching needs some work to say the least.

Batting AVG: .256 (23rd)
    Homeruns: 127 (9th)
    Walks: 313 (17th)
    Stolen Bases: 177 (6th)
    Runs Scored: 487 (15th)

Pitching ERA: 5.28 (26th)
    Opponents AVG: .260 (17th)
    HRs Allowed: 150 (28th)
    Walks Allowed: 406 (27th)
    Runs Allowed: 534 (26th)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've deconstructed a machine.
    Ted

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

ooow, back-to-back 5 - 8 sims. here's the best part:

Saturday 7/19/2030 :
    Frank Cochran seems to have lost some bat speed, resulting in less contact...
    Frank Cochran has lost some power...
    Frank Cochran plate discipline seems to have faded...

he was 10,7,10,10,8....now 9,7,8,8,8. that makes me sad in the pants. So much for the 11th overall pick this year.

MLB ERA

As far as drafting goes, I believe you can't overdraft at a position, because attrition will prevent most logjams.

Then I saw the pile of 1B with the Royals.

MLB ERA

Batting AVG: .272 (7th)
    Homeruns: 168 (3rd)
    Walks: 399 (8th)
    Stolen Bases: 149 (T-13th)
    Runs Scored: 613 (4th)

Pitching ERA: 4.21 (7th)
    Opponents AVG: .260 (17th)
    HRs Allowed: 126 (18th)
    Walks Allowed: 296 (5th)
    Runs Allowed: 520 (10th)

Aranda starting to die in his last year on the team... trying to juggle some from AAA to replace him, but no $$$ left.. Thank god some salary getting trimmed in the off season

The top of the lineup is doing great... the bottom has a lot of problems... The top of the rotation is doing fine... the bottom is starting to really get on my nerves
    Setup in the bullpen is great... Gut at closer is hit or miss and the long relief has it's issues

Wickersham may finally get his 60 SB season

Basically re-upped Bermejo to catch for this team for the rest of his career...

If some players don't start playing up to their potential, I might not even make the playoffs, let alone do anything in the playoffs
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Hey Dave, I can help you out with some salary relief. Won't cost you too much, either. You know how I am.

MLB ERA

I actually think I have it worked out.... have a possible 4th starter that is already earning major league money.. and if all else fails, Steppe would only subtract the league minimum from cash

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Best record, and best farm system. That's a first for me.

Playoff outlook:

National League
    Florida, Pittsburgh, Colorado, and St. Louis have been in the driver's seat for most of the season. Arizona and Los Angeles have outside chances at either catching Colorado for the division or even slimmer, catching St. Louis for the wild card. Even though Pittsburgh has carried the banner for the last several years and has the best record currently, they don't have a rotation to match up with top teams and the offense has not been quite as effective as past years, but the potential still exists. Colorado may have the worst pitching of any contender but they also have the best offense in the league, one that does hit very well outside of Coors. Florida is once again in the mix, even though considerable amount of underachieving has kept them fairly quiet, Florida has a good pitching staff and a capable lineup featuring an equal blend of power and speed, similar to Pittsburgh. St. Louis is armed with a couple of bats that could carry them to the world series but will they get enough out of their pitching, since Hage and Beard have fallen this season.

Odds on favorite to represent the N.L. in the world series:
    Florida, having the most complete team of all the N.L. contenders. Their biggest obstacle are close to the wire games, they haven't faired will in extra innings or 1 run games.

American League
    Minnesota, Oakland, and Baltimore are looking to be dead set on the playoffs. Wild card still is open, with Texas, Seattle, Boston, and Cleveland in the mix. Boston has an outside chance of catching Baltimore for the division. Texas and Seattle could still catch Oakland, but it seems unlikely. That said, Texas has the most appeal of all wild card contenders, having Rybicki, Ennis, and Reyes as franchise bats to make an impact, they also have Wilson, Dick and Sanor to lead the rotation. Will lack of depth hold them back? Oakland spent a lot of money and made a lot of moves to enhance their batting order. As a result, Seth, Soto, Dominguez, Robinson, and Nuno have paid dividends, giving Oakland a very deep lineup. They have a good rotation, but a lackluster bullpen. Baltimore has plenty of power, and are getting perhaps the final hurrah from Jim McSpadden, but lack enough pitching to make a serious run. Then again, everyone in their lineup can hit 20 or more homeruns, they're never out of a game. Minnesota is carrying the same team that got them to the world series last year, having the best rotation in the league without debate and a couple of impact bats in Lizardo and Stjohn. But they also have the very same weaknesses, lackluster defense and a sloppy pen.

Odds on favorite to represent the A.L. in the world series:
    Minnesota, their front 4 in the rotation cannot be matched.

There you go, I'm calling a Florida vs. Minnesota world series.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Best record, and best farm system. That's a first for me.

Playoff outlook:

National League
    Florida, Pittsburgh, Colorado, and St. Louis have been in the driver's seat for most of the season. Arizona and Los Angeles have outside chances at either catching Colorado for the division or even slimmer, catching St. Louis for the wild card. Even though Pittsburgh has carried the banner for the last several years and has the best record currently, they don't have a rotation to match up with top teams and the offense has not been quite as effective as past years, but the potential still exists. Colorado may have the worst pitching of any contender but they also have the best offense in the league, one that does hit very well outside of Coors. Florida is once again in the mix, even though considerable amount of underachieving has kept them fairly quiet, Florida has a good pitching staff and a capable lineup featuring an equal blend of power and speed, similar to Pittsburgh. St. Louis is armed with a couple of bats that could carry them to the world series but will they get enough out of their pitching, since Hage and Beard have fallen this season.

Odds on favorite to represent the N.L. in the world series:
    Florida, having the most complete team of all the N.L. contenders. Their biggest obstacle are close to the wire games, they haven't faired will in extra innings or 1 run games.

American League
    Minnesota, Oakland, and Baltimore are looking to be dead set on the playoffs. Wild card still is open, with Texas, Seattle, Boston, and Cleveland in the mix. Boston has an outside chance of catching Baltimore for the division. Texas and Seattle could still catch Oakland, but it seems unlikely. That said, Texas has the most appeal of all wild card contenders, having Rybicki, Ennis, and Reyes as franchise bats to make an impact, they also have Wilson, Dick and Sanor to lead the rotation. Will lack of depth hold them back? Oakland spent a lot of money and made a lot of moves to enhance their batting order. As a result, Seth, Soto, Dominguez, Robinson, and Nuno have paid dividends, giving Oakland a very deep lineup. They have a good rotation, but a lackluster bullpen. Baltimore has plenty of power, and are getting perhaps the final hurrah from Jim McSpadden, but lack enough pitching to make a serious run. Then again, everyone in their lineup can hit 20 or more homeruns, they're never out of a game. Minnesota is carrying the same team that got them to the world series last year, having the best rotation in the league without debate and a couple of impact bats in Lizardo and Stjohn. But they also have the very same weaknesses, lackluster defense and a sloppy pen.

Odds on favorite to represent the A.L. in the world series:
    Minnesota, their front 4 in the rotation cannot be matched.

There you go, I'm calling a Florida vs. Minnesota world series.
    `

If my 3rd SP would pitch like he did last year instead of like he just had a frontal lobotomy, I could compete... but without Hadsell as a viable #3, I may have to agree with you... my front 2 and bullpen have talent and performance. My lineup is performing as they should, for the most part... but without that 3rd starter, I may be toast quickly in the post season

MLB ERA

Batting AVG: .275 (5th)
    Homeruns: 197 (3rd)
    Walks: 461 (5th)
    Stolen Bases: 167 (15th)
    Runs Scored: 710 (4th)

Pitching ERA: 4.14 (7th)
    Opponents AVG: .261 (17th)
    HRs Allowed: 140 (17th)
    Walks Allowed: 333 (5th)
    Runs Allowed: 588 (9th)

And NEVER fails... soon as I sign a great player to a long term contract, they lose some talent.... not what I needed with Bermejo... hopefully it is a short term glitch and he regains it back in power...

Mooreman with 20 HR... great considering he'll have 1/2 as many AB's as he did when the league had DH...

Should have at least 7 players with 20 or more HR... 2 with 50+ SB

Crespo on pace for 28 wins... Eckard for 21

Will be juggling around the lineup .vs LHP again, as nothing is quite working

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jesus, there's an outside chance with this team to set a new record for wins for the franchise (110).
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

My season ended when Vanvalkenberg got hurt.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast