View Poll Results: Should Mission boost Narvaez?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 68.00%
  • No

8 32.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All teams please vote

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Re: All teams please vote

seriously, when you get the 15 votes. I'm not going to get bent out of shape, cause I really could care less, it's just a sim league. I just think if you want the game to be REAListic and it says you don't have enough money to sign some top tier talent, then you get what you get.

And learn from your mistakes, next year try sending in a list to someone even if you are going to be at the draft. I think that you may find it is easier then you think it is, especially if you have the second pick in the draft.

San Diego draft preference:
    1) C Thom Jones
    2) LF Acie Deesee

then send the PM, if they say....not gonna be there, then you send it to someone else. In fact, on most of the announcing the time of the draft thread people often post if they will be there.....those might be the people that you PM first.

Take care

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I have abstained from voting, but it seems like the 15th vote was put in so this goes through.

AAA ERA

Democracy wins!
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Why am I getting a Minnesota Vikings circa 2003 vibe here?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I'd like to see people who vote no in the same position.
    I've had it.. not with the 2nd pick, but getting crap for my 1st round pick on auto with better players still out there... but it is part of the risk inherited with having to use auto.... nothing like a 3 star player in the first round, but like we learned in the Army... You suck it up and drive on
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

2010 I had the #2 overall pick and wasnt going to be able to make it. My first draft in S3SL so I didnt know anyone real well yet.

What did I do?

Made a posted basically stating my top 2 guys were. Milo Kotter and if Kotter was taken by the Cubs I wanted Rick Porter, I was not enamored with any of the pitching spects that year nor did I want stuck with Mario Stanberry. At worst it shows you are trying to put forth an effort. Its not like you'd have to list 10+ guys if you were picking middle of the pack. Or if someones going to be at the draft ask if they could keep the 2 man list for you since it just be either or.

Just my two cents
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bipster View Post
    seriously, when you get the 15 votes. I'm not going to get bent out of shape, cause I really could care less, it's just a sim league. I just think if you want the game to be REAListic and it says you don't have enough money to sign some top tier talent, then you get what you get.

And learn from your mistakes, next year try sending in a list to someone even if you are going to be at the draft. I think that you may find it is easier then you think it is, especially if you have the second pick in the draft.

San Diego draft preference:
    1) C Thom Jones
    2) LF Acie Deesee

then send the PM, if they say....not gonna be there, then you send it to someone else. In fact, on most of the announcing the time of the draft thread people often post if they will be there.....those might be the people that you PM first.

Take care
    To be fair though, not everyone expected this to happen with the low cash on hand. We just need to remind mission when the draft comes around that we need that disclaimer.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA

So then what if I, with a pick in the 20s, wasn't able to be at the draft and instead of getting the decent CL prospect that I did (because I was there to pick him or sent a list to someone) got auto-ed a crappy prospect because of the same situation. Should I be allowed to have my crappy prospect get a talent boost because I wasn't there and had no money? This just seems like a really slippery slope that could open up everyone to make a similar argument no matter where in the draft they are picking...and if a great law scholar like ESPN Legal Analyst and Pepperdine's own Roger Cossack thinks slippery slopes aren't good, then neither do I!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBall13 View Post
    So then what if I, with a pick in the 20s, wasn't able to be at the draft and instead of getting the decent CL prospect that I did (because I was there to pick him or sent a list to someone) got auto-ed a crappy prospect because of the same situation. Should I be allowed to have my crappy prospect get a talent boost because I wasn't there and had no money? This just seems like a really slippery slope that could open up everyone to make a similar argument no matter where in the draft they are picking...and if a great law scholar like ESPN Legal Analyst and Pepperdine's own Roger Cossack thinks slippery slopes aren't good, then neither do I!
    With the disclaimer though. It would end that argument because they know before hand you run that risk.

edit: I do get with you're trying to say.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not to say that DMB shouldn't be held accountable for his mistakes, but there's a big difference between the 2nd overall pick and a pick in the 20s.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Not to say that DMB shouldn't be held accountable for his mistakes, but there's a big difference between the 2nd overall pick and a pick in the 20s.
    Yep.. .if I had the 2nd pick I would list the 2 players I want in order, and take what I got that way... or I would ask someone to pick it for me... and if somehow I could not, I am inherently taking my chances with the fact of auto draft....

But then again... I'm not prone to whining when I don't get the player I want when I don't show for the draft
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Is there? If there is, where do you draw the line? How do you figure out who gets the ability to boost their pick if they did not show up for the draft and who does not? If it's OK for #1 and #2, why not the top 5? If the top 5 are OK, why not the top 10? If the top 10 are OK, why not the top 15, etc, etc. Slippery slopes...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You know very well that #2 is miles different from #20 overall in a draft, especially in S3SL draft.

Rookie ERA

but that still doesn't solve the problem of where the line gets drawn between who gets the talent bump in a draft pick and who doesn't...and the justification for why the line is drawn where it is...

slippery slopes...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBall13 View Post
    but that still doesn't solve the problem of where the line gets drawn between who gets the talent bump in a draft pick and who doesn't...and the justification for why the line is drawn where it is...

slippery slopes...

Well how often does it happen in the top 5? And you making too much of the situation than it should get. Leave a disclaimer next season and they been warned now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast