View Poll Results: Should Mission boost Narvaez?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 68.00%
  • No

8 32.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All teams please vote

MLB ERA

Re: All teams please vote

I see it both ways...

I have responsibilities and I have to live with the reality of the auto... but it also sucks when you get shit... but the rest of us who go with the auto have to live with what we get, whether we like it or not... You can't boost 1, if you don't give the options for corrections to others. I did not need another 2B prospect, but I have him along with his horrible clutch rating, horrible defense, etc

I say... you pay your money, you take your chances... sorry bud... happens to a lot of us
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

I don't care either way its honestly up to Mission Im cool with whatever he decides.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    I see it both ways...

I have responsibilities and I have to live with the reality of the auto... but it also sucks when you get shit... but the rest of us who go with the auto have to live with what we get, whether we like it or not... You can't boost 1, if you don't give the options for corrections to others. I did not need another 2B prospect, but I have him along with his horrible clutch rating, horrible defense, etc

I say... you pay your money, you take your chances... sorry bud... happens to a lot of us
    Yeah but at that draft, MIL got picked for by someone one else (Can't remember who) and he didn't list him self as needing someone to cover for him (if he sent a PM then disregard this). So not everyone that would have been set to auto, would have gotten the CPU pick.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

I picked for MIL...he notified me ahead of time that there was a chance that he would not be able to make it and asked me to pick for him if it ended up that he could not be there. The time for his pick came up, and he was still not there...so I went with the list he gave me and picked for him. He did what he should have knowing that it was a possibility that he would not be there...something DMB clearly failed to do...

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yes, I do not allow for just random picking. For instance, I know that Saber-jpants-BrewerBall could all pick for one another and I trust that they all are comfortable with that should one of them not be there. Same is true for nick-Hammer-bjd or Dam-DMB.... essentially guys who I know are friends with one another and have picked for each other before.

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I really don't see how I could have just posted my top two choices anywhere. Mission really doesn't do the whole board draft thing. It's my understanding I'd have to give a list to someone.
    dude. then you just hit the "pm" button instead of typing in the quick reply. or, since you're friends with dam, you could give a list via post-it note, paper airplane, or drunken spat. it's like, come on.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

I say a big HECK NO on this, run your team within the constraints of a balanced budget and you don't have to worry about the computer picking a frog for you. And, it really is pretty simple to send a list to someone within this sim community to ensure that you get the desired prospect. I, like Diamond Dave, had a draft a few sim years ago that the autodraft deamed it necessary to draft a 2b in the first round of 3 out of 4 drafts....even though I already had Lucas Brugal. you just have to roll with it and build your team as best you can.....within the budget.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see people who vote no in the same position.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

He's right.

Mission, give me the second pick in the next draft.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

one more vote to go! I will buy it for you if you want...

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bipster View Post
    I say a big HECK NO on this, run your team within the constraints of a balanced budget and you don't have to worry about the computer picking a frog for you. And, it really is pretty simple to send a list to someone within this sim community to ensure that you get the desired prospect. I, like Diamond Dave, had a draft a few sim years ago that the autodraft deamed it necessary to draft a 2b in the first round of 3 out of 4 drafts....even though I already had Lucas Brugal. you just have to roll with it and build your team as best you can.....within the budget.
    Ok, but here's the thing. I think drafting 2B round after round is different then what happened to me. Look at my 1B, I have no need for another 1B. Had the game given me a talented 1B worth the 2nd overall pick. I wouldn't be thrilled, but at least that guy has trade value.

This is a sim league, no real team would have taken that bad of player with the 2nd overall pick. Even if they weren't in a good financial situation. With an auto, I know sometimes you don't get someone you want or who fits your team. But I got a guy who can't even start, and wouldn't have went in the 1st round.

I literally thought the game just took BPA for whoever regardless of anything else. I don't own the game, and maybe I'm at fault for that. Obviously you feel strongly on the topic, but I still don't get the 2B analogy.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    This is a sim league, no real team would have taken that bad of player with the 2nd overall pick.

You are correct with that first statement. It is a SIM league, not a real league. An actually in real life it does happen when a team doesn't want to spend a ton of money in the draft (maybe because they have no money) they end up picking a player based on signability. The 2b analogy is you get who the computer gives you (when you decide not to submit lists to anyone) and you roll with it, you don't complain and try and make things right to benefit you.

AAA ERA

You are correct with that first statement. It is a SIM league, not a real league.
    Ok, but what's the goal of a sim league? To SIMulate a real league.

An actually in real life it does happen when a team doesn't want to spend a ton of money in the draft (maybe because they have no money) they end up picking a player based on signability. The 2b analogy is you get who the computer gives you (when you decide not to submit lists to anyone) and you roll with it, you don't complain and try and make things right to benefit you.
    I understand that, and sometimes my BPA differs from the comp. But in this case I wasn't given what the comp considered BPA. I'd have been fine with someone that like Top 15. Even if a team skips over someone because Boras is their agent. They still get a talented player.

Right, but the computer gave you 2B because they were the BPA. Which is why I said, I have no need for a 1B. Had a 1B been BPA I'd have been 100% ok with that, because I know the computer doesn't draft by your needs.

I didn't submit list because I thought I could make the draft, not making it was last minute. And it's not like I can just go "Here's my list" to anyone. I have to find someone to accept my list. Because it's hard to revolve a sim league around everyone elses schedule. I don't see how that's a valid point. Because if it was that simple, every team would have a list.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

MLB ERA

All Great points, I would like to change my vote........................

NOT!!!

MLB ERA

dont have a problem or care really. i voted yes..

I'm sure people will want a reasoning, and my reasoning is simple. If it happened to me, I'd be bummed.

I think tanking is lame as hell too, don't get me wrong-- from running my own league it stinks... but many years with money I've gotten dud draft picks. And that's with money. The live draft doesn't neccesarily guarantee you'll be able to attend, or in some cases, even send a list.. although I don't know DMB's situation here.

I just know from past picks I've been auto'd, the draft in general isn't the main way I build my team anyway. I've gotten a few good players over the years, but they usually bust soon thereafter or right when they get to their peak. At the least, if mission boosts this catcher for DMB, if he declines a little bit he might not be useless RIGHT away. Plus, it's not like he's going to be a superstar.... he'll be servicable, and every draft pick after him for the most part is still 20x better.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast