Thread: Kingdom's S3SL Postseason Predictions

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Sim League Kingdom's S3SL Postseason Predictions

That will certainly be wrong!

6 teams won over 100 games, including all 4 NL teams. Conversely, I'd like to thank Houston, Atlanta, New York (NL), Detroit, and Cleveland for taking a gigantic dump on the season and skewing everything. Thank you, your efforts won't go unnoticed, now kindly jump into a wall. (editor's note: those who recently took over teams do not need to read the previous statement)

Kansas City vs. Baltimore
    Normally I don't take Baltimore seriously. Dave either loses his ace going into the playoffs or, frankly, no has challenged him since Boston was really good. This time, I think he has a chance. Despite the numbers, it's not a bad match up. Baltimore has a solidd pen, but it doesn't scream awesome. But, Kansas City really doesn't have much of one. Advantage! I figured Baltimore had a distinct advantage with offense, they're loaded with power. 8 guys over 20 homeruns. Balance. And awesome. But, Kansas City, going by the numbers, are not far behind. In fact, they were 5th despite the lack of power ratings. What might decide this series, and if they pit their true aces against each other, is if the ancient Crespo can match Winnans. If that's the case, Baltimore could earn the upset even though they have home field advantage.
    Kansas City in 5

Oakland vs. Minnesota
    This is a real bummer, cause Nick hasn't been around in decades so Oakland isn't worth a damn to me, so there is the off chance a computer ran (or mission auto run) team could go to the World Series. It happened in TSSL. It is not cool. By the way, on the subject of Oakland, how the ****ING Hell do they get a better TV package deal than Minnesota and myself when Oakland has done..relatively jack in 20 sim years? **** Arnold Schwarzenegger, and his Jingle All the Way. I'm not even comparing, just beat the shit out of them Slyder so we don't have to see them ruin the playoffs. That is all.
    Minnesota in 3

Kansas City vs. Minnesota
    Has to happen right? Someone is actually challenging Minnesota in the AL, is Slyder feeling the heat for once? Here's the deal. KC is a really solid team but they're lacking things. But then again, almost all of us are compared to Minnesota. Their 1-3 in the rotation give them an advantage over 90% of the league. They have the best pitcher in the league. They have many guys who hit for power, or for average, or if they're Stjohn, they do every freaking thing. They also have a catcher who stole 42 bases! 42! So KC has a lot going against them, they need to click all at once, they have to get by Baltimore for starters, and they have to attack Minnesota's continuous glaring weakness.. their pretty mundane and mediocre bullpen. That's assuming the Bull or Darkly Dreaming aren't logging 9 or 10 innings in a game.
    Minnesota in 5

Colorado vs. Florida

If I'm aaalllbbblaaaa, I'm pissed that I keep getting Florida or Pittsburgh. Although he did get over the hump and beat me last season. Colorado has an ace in Hussein, but nearly everyone else will walk the world. They are one of the few teams who's closer is having a great season. They have a 2-6 that's undoubtedly one of the scariest lineups in the league. Their leadoff man hit 32 homeruns. They live up to the Coors setting, they mash. Unfortunately for them, Florida has a 4 man rotation that could shut them down every single night. Who's the 10% that could top Minnesota's rotation? Florida. They also steal a lot of bases, and have a strong pen. Mashing or stellar rotation? Winner usually is..
    Florida in 4

Pittsburgh vs. San Francisco
    There was a day I routinely whooped on San Francisco and the rest of the NL West. Not anymore. SF turned the tables years ago, and now they have my number. I also lost Matheson, not that an ace starting pitcher serves any purpose in the postseason. Please say hello to the third best pitching in the league. The giants trotted out 5 strong, actually, which is rare in a league many use 4 man staffs. SF has a relatively decent pen and made an underrated move in getting McCloskey. My only shot at winning is putting a dent into their pitching with my power and speed. They also don't have Javier Barbosa's kryptonite on the roster (that would be LHP). But due to injury, I'm not better than last season, if not worse, when Colorado won 3-1.
    San Francisco in 4

San Francisco vs. Florida

Here's putting things simple. Nearly everything San Francisco does well, or did well this past season? Florida does it better. More speed, better offense, better defense, stronger pitching, better closer. It's really an uphill climb, because Florida is a monster this season. If they don't even make it to the World Series, kudos to whoever knocked them off. But I'm not seeing it this season. There is a chance this could be a good series, but ultimately SF does not have.. enough. So, for them to win, they do need OOTP luck. Which tends to always happen every playoffs, someone beats someone that they shouldn't have but they did.
    Florida in 6

World Series Re-Match: Minnesota vs. Florida

What would Potts vs. Ramirez be the equivalent of in real life? I say Cy Young Roy Halladay vs. Cy Young or 2009 Post Season Cliff Lee. Who throws who on their back and carries themselves to a title? We're looking at the possibility of excellent pitching duels. But the way OOTP works, we're likely to have a couple of shoot outs that might result in bullpens being used. Florida still holds a distinct advantage. Really, they're largely the same teams of last season. Right now, Minnesota has lost 3 straight world series, in 6 to Florida, in 6 to me, and in 7 to St. Louis. They're due, right? Even Atlanta won a world series in the 90's. This might be the year for them, but only if they don't get Florida in the series.
    Florida in 6
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Kingdom's S3SL Postseason Predictions

I like what I'm hearing about KC right now... However, you left one thing out about them. CRAZY BEATS BIG EVERYTIME!!! And we're crazy!!!!

MLB ERA

I did not lose my ace.. but did lose my #3... both Crespo and Eckard will pitch twice... bullpen settings may change... and to take advantage of power, the part time powerhouse Mooreman may be in the regular lineup....
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

MIN or FLA...if either of them don't win, then it will be a National League team IMHO.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    MIN or FLA...if either of them don't win, then it will be a National League team IMHO.
    You could have said if MIN doesn't win, it will be a national league team. FLA is a national league team

But I disagree! :-)

MLB ERA

I dont think I can be beat if my starters pitch complete games the entire time... if it gets to the bullpen Im probably done.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    You could have said if MIN doesn't win, it will be a national league team. FLA is a national league team

But I disagree! :-)
    I know they are, but my point was that MIN/FLA are the two best teams...outside of that, I think another NL team will win if they both get bounced.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I know they are, but my point was that MIN/FLA are the two best teams...outside of that, I think another NL team will win if they both get bounced.
    I knew what you were saying, I was just being a goofball. :-)

If anyone wants to "Tanya Harding" Slyders Starting pitching staff... I have "cash" to spare....

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Your #3 blows ass, Dave.
    Ted

Being without Randy Jacob wont help me against mission. Too bad is former Marlin couldnt be there to play against him. Oh, well.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Nice post KOZ.... I will find a way to beat the Marlins and then crush the Twins... This might be the best team I have had here. Tough series for me whoever I play. I don't want to face Colorado, that team owns my club for whatever reason.

LETS GET THE PLAYOFFS GOING!!!!!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Zito, you are like a black widow spider. Jesus.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wow. I am in total disbelief right now. I predicted every opening round incorrectly. 3 ****ing upsets. (Balty-KC really could have gone either way). Anddddddd, that's OOTP.

Love the new title Mission. Gnarrr.
    Ted

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Never would have guessed that they would all have lost. That's epically depressing!