Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best and worst trade you remember

MLB ERA

best and worst trade you remember

My best trade was probably

I traded SP Josh Stewart (3.0 stars) to Anahiem for LF Rene Reyes

Reyes won the MVP in 2011 for me, hitting .319 in 583 AB, with 44 homers and 130 RBI.

Reyes was later traded to Boston for the infamous SP Wayne Hage and 3B Alfonso Agosto.

the worst trade

Trading away SP Brandon Lauer for SP Ricrado Rodriguez, who turned into a pile of shit.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Best trade:
    3B Ian Stewart for SP Hideyuki Ryoko and SP Michael Goolsby - Ian Stewart is indirectly responsible for 3/5 of my starting rotation being on my team. Thanks Ian!

Worst trade:
    3B Erubiel Valverde for C Robert Kessinger - Kessinger looked like he had the potential to have one of the best C bats in the league once he developed when I traded for him. He crapped out after two sims in my organization. At least I was able to package him for Raul Serra later, so all was not lost in that deal.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    aybar, rodriguez/heilman, taylor... hunt, liriano/pujols, soriano worked out well in the long run. mccullough/cuevas looks pretty good too, despite the year cuevas is having.

muecke/michel was a pretty bad deal in retrospect... it served its purpose at the time, but in the long run anaheim is gonna win that one.

MLB ERA
    Traded from New York (N) to Baltimore on 1/29/2006 (Going to NYM: C L. Palmisano, P M. Buehrle. Going to Bal: C J. Huber)...

or

Traded from Los Angeles to Baltimore on 2/28/2005 (Going to LA: RF N. Markakis, RF B. Abreu, P R. Hannaman, 1B V. Sinisi. Going to Bal: LF S. Victorino, P J. Saunders, 1B J. Loney, LF T. Ezi)...

Tough call
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Rookie ERA
    I think the cuevas/mccullough trade worked out well for both sides. If I didn't trade McCullough, I'd have him for a few more years, and lose him to free agency. I do have cuevas for a while in his prime, and he is a nice centerpiece of the offense inbetween guys like Rodriguez, Fortuna and Todd.

I think the trade I regret right now is Oliver Perez. I'd say the Lamas/Lauer trade but I did turn those guys into some very respectable prospects.

If I didn't have Marceau, I'd probably regret trading William Daniels.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Ruth deal is obviously going to be the worst for me, just cause Ruth went back to being an elite pitching prospect.

Best, prolly dealing Lauer and crud for Choo (had a monster 2014 season, Robert Riley(also had a monster 2014 season), Valverde, and Jackson.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA
    I wanted Babe Ruth III
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

My best without injuries.. Traded from Cleveland to Boston on 2/28/2005 (Going to Cle: P C. Whisenhunt, LF M. Ramirez. Going to Bos: 1B A. Willard, LF S. Stewart)... Manny had a huge contract, 4 stars, but a huge contract.

My best with injuries.. Traded from Florida to Boston on 6/8/2007 (Going to Fla: P M. Morris. Going to Bos: CF C. Ross, P C. Loar)...
    Matt Morris was a 5 star pitcher when I traded him, the very next sim he had a career ending injury.

Worst.. hmm, there aren't too many that come to mind.. Some stupid ones that never worked out like me getting Neil Musser from Philly, but I didn't give up anything so it isn't that bad.

Best: Scott Brown from Minny for Liriano.

Worst: Wayne Hage for Rene Rivera or reacquiring said Pedro Liriano from Minny.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    another good trade for me was trading Crester Buntin to Florida for a package of MR Paul Henry, RF Alberto Martinez (Henry was ok but Martinez didn't do anything) and former prospect SP Raul Serra

Buntin died stat wise in Florida, very good rookie and had a good 3 first years but didn't amount to anything after leaving Toronto for Florida.

Later traded Serra to San Diego due to inconsistency, got back Gavin Floyd who I trusted a lot since he never walked anyone, later traded Floyd to Anahiem to help them to a WS championship.

a couple of good trades

When I first got Floyd from Philly, not sure how Repko and Moss helped them but at the time I had a lot of outfielders.
    Traded from Philadelphia to Toronto on 7/11/2008 (Going to Phi: LF Jason Repko, CF Steve Moss. Going to Tor: SS Nook Logan, P Gavin Floyd)...

Trading Harvey Yorikane to NYY at full face value at the time, later "dizzy" choked or something and never had his full potential pay off, Yates was my closer for a while and was a big elp to me and later traded Artiles for Brad Nelson.
    Traded from Toronto to New York (A) on 7/31/2009 (Going to Tor: P Carlos Artiles, P Tyler Yates. Going to NYY: RF Harvey Yorikane, P Shawn Brock)...

another bad one trading Rocco Baldelli (i think) to Florida for basically nothing that really helped in the long run.

as for Babe Ruth III, in that draft year I wanted him but Texas picked him up right before my pick, Texas and Toronto had the same record that year and I lost out, I picked a big bust with my pick.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

As a note, Moss and Repko served as 2/3 for my OF for several years, and Repko's still on the team but has declined beyond usefulness. Still, two quality starting OF. Still not sure if I would have dealt Floyd for him if I were GM.

Repko: Around a .750-.850 OPS type of OF/SS who gave some speed to, if not an effective stealer.

Moss: Very similar to Repko without the speed and more OF options, and he's still useful in STL.

But as for me...hmmm...toughie. I'm not sure at this point.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I don't think I have made a bad trade in this league yet. Of course I have only made 4 trades total since I joined, I think. The most disappointing was involving Ricky Alvarez, who was going to be my 1B man of the future. Right after I got him his contact and K's talent dropped making him basically useless.

Probably my favorite was dumping Mike Hinckley and his horrible contract on to the Mets for minor league junk. lol

Edit: I forgot about my trade for Encarnacion. That is probably my favorite trade so far. The guy has done excellent for me since coming to Washington.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Usually when I deal someone, they become God-ish. Thanks for bucking that trend for me, Bengie.
    Ted

best was brandon lauer most likely or my buchholz accusation

worst would prob be dealing rickie weeks and someone although i did get mann i believe so it really isn't too bad

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Buchholz Accusation? What did he accuse you of?
    Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast