Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictions

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Predictions

Thread Started.

Fire Away.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AL East: Yankees
    AL Central: Twins
    AL West: Angels
    WC: Orioles

NL East: Phillies
    NL Central: Cubs
    NL West: Rockies
    WC: Nationals (sorry, Pirates, and Marlins)

World Series: Yankees

MLB ERA
    I am going to predict another 3-man race between the Fish, the Phils, and the Nats in the NL East. The Marlins are the Marlins, they will always be there. The Phillies are going to be tougher with their signings of Agosto and Sabb. The Nationals improved their offense quite a bit with a 3 FA signings.

Considering the Marlins offense, my pitching staff, and the Phillies big signings, it's tough to say who will win the division. Of course I'll say me though.

I don't keep up on the other divisions much so NL East is all I know much about.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

the NL East is ridiculous, and very tough to predict. I went with the Marlins really because they have been there before, and the Phillies were great last season, and improved alot through FA.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedrie2
    the NL East is ridiculous, and very tough to predict. I went with the Marlins really because they have been there before, and the Phillies were great last season, and improved alot through FA.
    What about the Nats? We were great last year too. Missed the WS by 1 game, best pitching staff in the entire league (and it stayed completely the same for this season), and the offense has been vastly improved with the signings of Tiano, Cortes, and Quijada.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

NYY are gonna lead the league in wins.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    AL East
    New York Yankees
    Baltimore
    Boston
    Tampa Bay
    Toronto

AL Central
    Minnesota
    Chicago White Sox (WC)
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Kansas City

AL West
    Anahiem
    Texas
    Oakland
    Seattle

NL East
    Philadelphia
    Florida (WC)
    Washington
    Atlanta
    New York Mets

NL Central
    Chicago Cubs
    Pittsburgh
    Cincinnati
    St Louis
    Houston
    Milwaukee

NL West
    Colorado
    Arizona
    San Francisco
    Los Angeles
    San Diego

World Series
    Philadelphia (when does Hammer ever win?)
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Molina00
    What about the Nats? We were great last year too. Missed the WS by 1 game, best pitching staff in the entire league (and it stayed completely the same for this season), and the offense has been vastly improved with the signings of Tiano, Cortes, and Quijada.
    wow, indeed.. OK... you have swayed me, sir.

I should note, before I go write up my predictions, I should be in a clear third this year. However, I'm a biased dude.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Atlanta battles the Mets for the Major's worst record again...

clear third? you think.. i havent checked out Mish's team, just know he hasn't improved nearly as much as you.

The NL East

1. Florida Marlins (104-58)
    The Marlins start off the season roughly, losing 17 of their first 35 games for a record barely above .500. Then, backup utilityman Christian Snavely is bitten by a spider. Miraculously, he gains three boosts that "take his game to the next level" three times. He becomes a 9-8-9-10-10 2B/3B/OF. Then he takes steroids and leads the league with 50 win shares over the course of the season.

Oh, and the sims are rigged so Josh Beckett wins another Cy Young with a miraculous 42-0 season.

2. Philadelphia Phillies (96-66)
    The reversal of the Phillies is complete, as they finish an astonishing 19 games above their pythagorean record. The team as a whole blows chunks and is carried, quite literally as they all sit on his back, by The Fireman, who in addition to a .900 OPS and 100 SBs, steals a random player from each team's clubhouse. Still, the season looked lost when Washington, was six up with six to go. But then Waru Vee makes a key waiver deal for Eddie 'Donkeylips' C. Gelfen

Donkeylips wins the rookie of the year with an astonishing 28 HRs in the last six games...

3. Washington (96-66)
    All is looking good for the Nats as they are battling Florida for the division lead with a struggling Florida in the back. Then, something horrible happens. A communist dictator, Fidel Castro the Fourth, takes over the Dominican Republic! Yuppie, the new president, calls for all loyal Americans and Dominican-Americans to fight. Sadly, Andres Tiano and Estanis Berreras hear this over the loud speaker and run off to war, leaving their team helpless. Then, communist sympathizers Gonzalo Rodriguez, Pedro Azicri, Noah Flores, Anibal Rosales, and William Merkel all join the couping commies. The Nats, in shock, forfeit their last six games and the play-in game.

They were also 7 games worse than their pyth record

4. Atlanta Braves (58-104)
    Marcelo Valderrama is really considering defecting to North Korea

5. New York Mets (57-104-1)
    Meet the Mets. Greet the Mets. Step Right Up And Beat The Mets. Bring the Kiddies. Bring the Wife. They'll go 8 for 10 and Have the Time Of Their Life.

In happier news, congratulations to John Hogan for not only being in the Top 5 in ERA, but having an astonishing 4-17 record with that ERA. Oh, and I forgot to note that Orlando Osuna got stuck in the subway, for 8 weeks. And Max Guardado was stopped by Homeland Security.

Well, it depends. Will the loss of Wily Mo Pena and my great pyth record counteract my nice FA additions and pitching that HAS to improve?

MLB ERA
    LOL@the Mets tie game
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

I'll make one guarantee though:

You guys will either get a division/WC race from me (where I'm not eliminated before the final sim), or I'll have a final sim with a lineup like this

Warren (RF)
    Pressnell (CF)
    Joines (2B)
    Galeana (3B)
    Madewell (1B)
    Chenoworth (C)
    Yarbro (SS)
    Eiji (LF)

With max steal sliders

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast