Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Career Enders

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Career Enders

Have ya had any in this sim? Anyone note worthy?

Last season was the first since I've been in, but it was just a scrub major leaguer in Adriano Rosario.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

My most significant one was Vincente Padilla, before we even had control over the sim. Think he was a decent 3.0 SP too...
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    SP Matt Morris. I either traded for him from Boston that season or the prior season at the deadline and he goes down when he is still fairly young to be apart of my team considering his studly ratings. Quite the heartbreaker as I pictured him and Beckett dominating for several years.

SP Sandy Nin who signed a 8 mil per for 3 deal. An inconsistent player but a pretty top notch ratings guy who could be pretty electric. He went down with a season ender in the offseason after signing his 24 mil deal and never pitched a game on it. He retired the next season which probably was for the best considering he went from a 4.0/3.5 star guy to a 2.5 star guy who probably would of got worse.

Those are my two noteables.

Man, I remember Matt Morris. So many sighs of relief.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think the biggest shocker of one (more than Morris) was Tex seeing the end of his career when he was still younger than 30 and had tremendous ratings.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    MARK TEIXEIRA !

that injury still single handedly crippled boston for the rest of their existence.

ive had two career enders. one to david wright... another one, not the guy on the mets. the other was tony armas... i had just invested 3x9.5 in him, a 2.5 star starter... and 4x12 in wade miller, a 3 star starter. it was a bad time for pitching in new york, and i was desperate. neither panned out, needless to say. so, by june i was regretting it... but armas got a career ending injury, and i shipped wade miller to houston for andy pettitte, who was in the last year of a 13 million dollar deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Man, I remember Matt Morris. So many sighs of relief.
    I still suspect to this day that you put a witch's spell on him.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    I still suspect to this day that you put a witch's spell on him.
    If I were able to cast witches spells, then Philly would have won a WS, you wouldn't have the best franchise in the history of the sim (or I wouldn't be in your division), and my guys wouldn't get injured after big contract extensions.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If I were able to cast witches spells, then Philly would have won a WS, you wouldn't have the best franchise in the history of the sim (or I wouldn't be in your division), and my guys wouldn't get injured after big contract extensions.
    Hey, I didn't say you were good at it, you just luck out occasionally. Like when Beckett was going to run out (literally) to get his drycleaning and Tim Shipman being the new guy wanting to gain favor with the star player offered to do it for him. While running to the drycleaners (which in comparison to others is a slow pace walk given his speed), he ran into a slick spot, twisted and slid around to the point that he tore his thigh muscle. Upon seeing that in your crystal ball, you were upset that it wasn't Beckett but let out a classic "Oh, the ironing is delicious." (Edit: Simpsons reference if you didn't get it.)

Not always good, but sometimes effective.

MLB ERA
    None that I remember.

Hey, I would have let up all the hexes if you rigged the 2007 World Series for me, but no...mr. morals...

I've just learned that the lesson this league has provided to me is to never try. Seriously, your lack of rigging just ensures the Phillies neverending fate: several 90 win seasons or so, getting bounced pre-playoffs/LDS, or once in a while LCS, then going through a BS rebuilding period. I hope you are happy that you made half of a state go to drinking and alcoholism and being Eagles fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    MARK TEIXEIRA !

that injury still single handedly crippled boston for the rest of their existence.
    You stole my glory! I was going to whine and people were going to care!

But, yeah.. that really crushed me, but my team still kept winning even after i lost by FAR my best hitter in Mark Teixeira and my no. 2 starter. Byun-Hyun Kim- Who didn't have a career ending injury, but had a season ending I think before the playoffs and I released him before the next season, i think... I won 93 games and then 98, but I think thats when I acquired Matt Morris.

wait.. i mest up my history.. but i dont remember, Gahh.. its been too long.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I've just learned that the lesson this league has provided to me is to never try. Seriously, your lack of rigging just ensures the Phillies neverending fate: several 90 win seasons or so, getting bounced pre-playoffs/LDS, or once in a while LCS, then going through a BS rebuilding period. I hope you are happy that you made half of a state go to drinking and alcoholism and being Eagles fans.
    My lack of rigging or your lack of paying enough. Either or.

MLB ERA
    or perhaps, your rigging *against* Philly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast