Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This league needs some new blood

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

This league needs some new blood

Mission deserves better than this. I have had Galeana, Wilfredo Reyes, and Joines on the market for an entire off-season and 2+ months.

I have not had any interest from teams that should be looking for another piece to make there 2-3 year run at the World Series.

TB: "tried but no dice"
    Boston: General is great. Made the moves he could with his salary situation.
    NYY: I initiated a small trade due to NYY's lack of a farm system in return for Galeana..etc
    Tor: I initiated a trade...
    Balt: rebuilding... not compatible

Det: Hafdawg is great. made 2 trades. Hung on to Seth and Carrion like a BULLdawg...
    Minn: active, but no farm system left
    CWS: made trade. Hung on to Joyce...
    KC: I initiated trade... vetoed due to KC not having salary room after FA offer
    Cle: offered 5 specs for Galeana of which Klemm and Carroll were the best. Klemm was not enough.

Ana: I had great interest in Rivas. Has a 1.0 and a 2.0 platooning at 3B. Payroll 10 million under last years revenue... What more can be said...
    Sea: Haven't heard a word.
    Oak: Nick is the man. Not ready to make a move till the off-season.
    Tex: one of the most aggressive and active GM's. Need more like him.

FLA: one of two team who really doesn't need anything
    Was: made a trade... thin farm system. MoMo is the man too.
    NYM: Shadow being himself... a shadow. tried once I think but no dice.
    Phi: N/A
    ATL: rebuilding

Pitt: the other team that really doesn't need anything
    Cin: tried in the offseason... no dice
    Mil: tried before Erb... Now Erb is not around.
    ChC: Tried... days later no interest...
    Hou: ??????????????????????????????????????
    STL: rebuilding

Col: last minute try for Agosto at deadline last year vetoed. no interest in off-season
    LAD: Dam is great. one trade...
    SD: Zep has a man-crush on Uppercut... tried but no dice
    AZ: one trade... also rebuilding
    SF: Another GM like Halley's Comet. Ya see him once every 85 years.

I expect many will be cussing me after reading this thread. I tried to stay as positive as possible. This league has been around a long time, but some are not returning Mission's commitment with the honor that he deserves. I completely respect the couple of GM's who just chose to hang on to certain specs, but there are quite a few who have made this league atrophic to a degree.

I have not received one single offer for Wilfredo Reyes... 3 solid years of ACE pitching available.

Ok, thanks for listening. I have vented and am now resigned to let destiny take it's course.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "Haven't heard a word?"

I once made an offer for William Sailer but you turned it down so I moved on to other things.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    "Haven't heard a word?"

I once made an offer for William Sailer but you turned it down so I moved on to other things.
    Tell everyone what you offered...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    All I know is that I acquired a decent second basemen as an alternate option. I am not complaining.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, my frustrations were really not meant for you. I do like Ginn and I do think Galeana would fit nicely in place of the 1.0 3B you currently are using... but... I will correct my initial post to say "tried, but no dice".

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The league's GMs, outside of three teams (off the top of my head), are active. Prospects are scarce and it's slow trade period, that doesn't mean teams are inactive or disinterested, just not willing to pay the price.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA
    Mission, I did not mean this to be anything more than a shot in the arm... Feel free to delete this thread as you see fit.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No, it's fine. I just understand where some are coming from since it's an era of many feeling clingy to their prospects. I do agree however that if someone inquires on a trade, that the other party should respond back in some form. I know I forget from time to time, but in general its only in good form to show that courtesy back.

MLB ERA
    I'm relatively inactive.

No one develops, and I'm not selling out for a consistent second place.

I check after every sim though.

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    yea, I havent contacted you about them because I dont want to deal with you or your shit...if you think we need some new blood how about you leave and it would open up a spot for some...

MLB ERA
    I have a 1 and 2 at third?!! Oh no, what ever shall I do?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    There's only a few owners in this league that's been around for every season. Haven't left or anything. Dave, mission, and myself come to mind.

There are times that I just gut it out for the sake of the team and there are times that I'm just drained. Good possibility I might resign after this season because I've been so busy with work and school that I just don't have the time as much as I used to.

MLB ERA
    Oh I been trying to win but winning means costing the future now that no one wants to trade uless you're mission the draft guru, I dip into FA but that costs more money than it should, and FA would have been lousy without Mission's help there.

What I need is pitching (aside from having an ace), that's so rare around the league right now, and the cost is high to aquire with the market being bare.

I been around since the 2004 season, I still love the league and hope it keeps going, I want my WS ring damn it.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Going to add some after thought here since I been thinking, its only a mini rant so pay no mind to me.

I tried to draft pitchers and build though the draft recently but, any pitcher my team drafts NEVER turns out and end up busting. Countryman finally came around this season, he's the only one ever so far, and he needs to get better, he also lost some talent after his draft year too.

I'm actually trying to build up though the draft for once, so I'm banking on that for now, it looks like its finally working out, but it needs to keep going to make me happy.

This may be hard to beleieve but the last 1st round pick that my team has drafted that made a big impact on this team was Mickey Ouimet back in 2007.

Notable 1st rounders I have traded since 07
    2008 RF Harvey Yorikane (to NYY), later worked out to be Brad Nelson.
    2009 1B Ronald Kleckner (to SD), got back Wes Bankston.
    2011 1B Jesus Maldonado (to DET), got Nick Coyle turned to Jose Fajardo
    2013 2B Chad Miller (to COL), for Denard Span
    2014 CF David Renz (to DET), busted before I traded

Span, Bankston, and Nelson helped out me for years, Coyle was supposed to the next super mega star of the league but a season ending injury killed him.

Miller would rock to have right now though, I may regret that one.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Rookie ERA
    Id love Reyes... can't afford him. I actually tried to pry McCullough away from NY, but didn't want to pay the price. I have decent pitching spects, and would like to keep it that way. If I can get something cheap, I will do it.

I was very active last trade deadline... I am just in stingy mode right now. Unless someone approaches me with something I can't refuse, I'm probably staying put.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast