Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Career Enders

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering about Diaz too, because I never recalled him being a part of other pens as a setup guy or a starter given his talent.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Marquez ever does, he'd make 4 scrap heaps that become something decent. Combine that with the fact I tend to try and jump on every player Anaheim lets go..

I'm also hopeful Villani or Sclafini have some funky talent boom.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Mark Teixeira's injury happened when running the bases in Toronto, I also remember another big name hitter had the same thing happened too but I can't remember who it was. Toronto's astro-turf is very bad for everyone else.

Except for a useless prospect I never had a career-ending injury, actually my injury had been one of the best in the league. Barely no major injuries ever.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Forgotten talent, ie spects that never panned out but aren't ancient. I think everyone was essentially shocked with what happened with Lauer in Chicago (who ge got back for nothing) after the move to 6.5. It's happened again after that, Stetson is the best other example I can think of who was a one star player at 26 IIRC and slowly started to develop and then boom.

Edit: Just to clarify, Stetson was a 5.0 star prospect when traded and was kept by the Rockies. I was just saying late bloomers can happen and they are out there to look for.
    Hey
    I was the one who 1st traded Lauer for nothing, god damn pitcher who was nothing but trouble. At least it worked out in the end when I traded for Wayne Hage who was nothing but a 3.0 star prospect

As for trading for talent, I go by chance and hope a major boost when a trade happensm there is no science at all to it, just luck.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh and Fish, another tip to look for 3.0 or 3.5 star prospect talent or so, that is one category away of a boost from being pretty awesome.

Ubeda and Scott Brown were some good late bloomers for me.

As for career ending injuries, Tony Farias (he's still on my team though he got injured in 2013.)

I wouldn't put this in the injuries list, but the Wayne Hage thing just wasn't cool.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

We had another career ended in Atlanta RF Carlos Sosa, who was an actual player and not some A prospect.

And mission lost Beckett for the year, Wicks for a few weeks
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hasn't been a good year for Florida injury wise. I had some nice prospect development early on so I guess something had to cancel that out.

I've noticed.

Now, to plan the best possible way to take advantage of it. And to find a way for the game to (somehow) pitch Robert Amis somewhat. He has a pen spot, what more does the game want. I know he's a 6th RP, but yeesh.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    ive had a bunch of guys progress to their talent after 26. bill hunt and frankie liriano were both forced into my rotation when they turned 26, and they were both way underdeveloped, and they became something. jimmy senn, doyle reason, bill vega, jean cosey and... one other guy who i cant remember, were all contributors significantly after they turned 26. doyle reason is only now coming close to his talent, and hes 31 now.

Rookie ERA
    I've been pretty lucky with injuries thusfar... the biggest one I've had has been Coco Crisp.
    S3SL: Cincinnati Reds GM 2014-present
    TSSL: Oakland A's GM 2006-present
    TPSL: San Francisco Baseball Giants 2007-present

MLB ERA
    Michael Buck was one of the guys I thought would be servicable Middle Relievers for my team after the fire sale but he got demoted and in his first game in AAA blew out his arm .
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Just this year...Sabino Llorent. Who? Yeah, I know.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Career Enders

Brian Rivera tore his tricep muscle in the second September in three years. As Rivera goes, so go the Devil Rays in the playoffs.

Re: Career Enders

wow, this is old.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast