Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Career Enders

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Ghoul's been solid. Was he even better or something?

You know what's rigged... Minnesota's mega-prospects actually panning out. **** that!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    If he is, it has to just be by a point or two somewhere other than power or contact. That contract could of turned out to be u-g-l-y for you.

Anyway, Saber has had the worse injury luck despite the few big ones we have seen to Tex and Morris. His pitchers and The Ghoul are the most noteable (season enders) ones I can think of.
    I got lucky with Wily Mo. Still got a nice season ender.

And I have negative pity for Saber. The Ghoul doesn't count that much since he missed it prior to his first season. Still lost talent on a prospect, but not millions of dollars. As for his pitchers. He had Joe Torres. **** that shit.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bowers would be awesome to have, just for the fact he logged 263 innings and had 23 saves for a very, very bad team.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    He's on the block you know.

My demands are small.

BTW, if anyone has advice/donations on how to actually obtain some superior talent outside of luck and trading other superior talent acquired by luck, please tell me. At this point, I'm just a poor man's (insert uber team here, let's say Yankees).

Leaving the league for a few game years did great things for my academic life (jumped a good grade overall), but in terms of this team? It set them back so many years. I'd love to have Floyd back.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Forgotten talent, ie spects that never panned out but aren't ancient. I think everyone was essentially shocked with what happened with Lauer in Chicago (who ge got back for nothing) after the move to 6.5. It's happened again after that, Stetson is the best other example I can think of who was a one star player at 26 IIRC and slowly started to develop and then boom.

Edit: Just to clarify, Stetson was a 5.0 star prospect when traded and was kept by the Rockies. I was just saying late bloomers can happen and they are out there to look for.

MLB ERA
    I turned Adrian Beltre into a star.

It's just a matter of putting guys in the right position and creating platoons wherever necessary.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Walter Crothers mother f...

Actually I hope one day I can say, look at my beautiful catcher that I picked up after he was dumped by Washington.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Or shit, turn Terrazas into a starter and get him to that 8-6-10 so you're 6 endurance starter and mine can do battle.

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21
    Forgotten talent, ie spects that never panned out but aren't ancient. I think everyone was essentially shocked with what happened with Lauer in Chicago (who ge got back for nothing) after the move to 6.5. It's happened again after that, Stetson is the best other example I can think of who was a one star player at 26 IIRC and slowly started to develop and then boom.

Edit: Just to clarify, Stetson was a 5.0 star prospect when traded and was kept by the Rockies. I was just saying late bloomers can happen and they are out there to look for.
    Sadly, I have gotten far more than my fair share of that. Gary Fall was crap until the switch to 6.5 (I remember looking up after that), Joel Guzman, who knows?

Fun note, Saber PMed me the day after the sim after Leo Terrazas turned 26. It's like girls when they hit that age of consent.

It's about time for Aaron Cueto and Sang Nichols to pan out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Actually I hope one day I can say, look at my beautiful catcher that I picked up after he was dumped by Washington.
    Heh, like two weeks ago when doing your lineups I still couldn't believe I let that slip by on the radar. Great find there.

OK, it's the three in the morning talking to me, but I'm shooting a Terrazas to the rotation movement your way Commish

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's only smart stupid. Do it. Him and Reyes would be a pretty boss 1-2 later.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Marquez was only about what Merchant is, in terms of potential, and then he had a talent boom. Which is odd since he's 27. Jose Diaz did the same thing, once blossomed up to a 10-6-8 guy.. also picked him up off free agency.
    Ted

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Congrats on taking a flyer on Crothers and having him go Luis Gonzalez, KoZ.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast