Thread: 2014 Minnesota Twins

MLB ERA

2014 Minnesota Twins

Finally the drafts are starting to bare fruit for the doormats of the AL Central. 80 wins last year was a good bar to set but the division has gotten all the tougher. Hopefully this is the year that the Twins get going and compete for the wild card cause the seat is getting hot.

Gone are Morales and Acuna but the main core of the offense is back.
    Lineup:
    1. Josh Anderson LF He showed he could still get it done and now will have the full complement of weapons to help him this year.
    2 Alex Morabito CF Started to warm up toward the end of the year, the development has merited this upgrade.
    3 Frank Collum C Im ending the Collum at 3b experiment and hes hitting ahead of Weeks to try and get people to do some novel concept called PITCH TO HIM.
    4 Rickie Weeks DH The Unanimous choice for team MVP is back and ready for a repeat performance.
    5 Milo Kotter 1b Lefty gets his first full season in the majors and will protect Weeks.
    6 Matthew Rehkop RF Down year after hitting 300, I hope he can return to 2012 ability.
    7 Brian Bass SS Career 300 hitter did well in his first attempt at being a starter.
    8 Damien Rolls 3b Free Agent signing whos objective is to draw a walk and try and just get through the lineup.
    9 Ramon Nivar 2b Replacing Morales/Weeks at 2b defensively should be an upgrade.

Bench:
    1 Dave Krynzel Injury ended his season and he has gone from being a starter to being a 4th OF, he may have lost some of his hitting ability but he still carries a good sense of defense and will be used to spot rest the OF.
    2 Ralph Lubin will be the backup 2nd and has provided a really good bat off the bench for me, I just wish he could have reached his talents, he would probably be starting right now.
    3 Thomas Jimenes Power off the bench.
    4 Javier Hernandez Backup Catcher

Gone are Adam Loewen, Michael Buck, Robert Pullin, Tomas Espinal; in is the defending AL Cy Young winner to try and give the rotation a boost. The veterans are headlining this rotation and will probably be a large part of the success/failure of the season.

1 Richard Fischer was brought in to give some guidence to the young guys and take the heat of having to face everyone's top guys.
    2 P.J. Bevis acquired at the deadline will serve as the #2 on this team.
    3 Josh Johnson has a good history of success as a starter if not will probably end up as setup man.
    4 Harry Avila Looking to improve on last years part time in the majors.
    5 Donald Degroat Tough year last year, hopefully he can rebound.

Mid Relief
    1 RHP John Harris Very inconsistant last year, Harris was like seeing 2 pitchers pitch. Could be very good or very very bad.
    2 Ronald Patton One of the many acquired in the great firesale of 2010 and hopefully will be able to give some support.
    3 Josh Stewart FA signing to hopefully put a solid LHR in the pen.
    4 Bret Viverette

Setup
    1 Ryan Frierbend Lost a rotation spot but being given a chance in the pen.
    2 John Harris

Closer
    1 Joseph Akridge Not the first choice I have for closer but he has the best stuff of everyone in organization.

GM Slyder was quoted as saying "we are investigating all potentials from within and externally to try and improve the areas this team will need it, but we have grown tired of the constant selling and hoping this is the year we become buyers."

Feel free to comment.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    great young team that could challenge for the divison is a season or two with more pieces added like a new bullpen.

stadium sucks for power hitters, just give Collum to me and I'll turn him into a MVP like Rene Reyes
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Gone are Freierbend (LA), Johnson (Fla), Viverette (AAA), Krynzel (SF), Stewart (AAA), and Rolls (AAA).

In came Fons (Cin), Moseley (Ari), Bigbie (FA), Thornton (AAA), Depaz (Fla)

Needless to say I was hoping for 95 wins and a playoff showing... needless to say Ive since obiliterated that goal.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes