Thread: Aaron Miles grabs the starting 2B job

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Aaron Miles grabs the starting 2B job

Aaron Miles will reportedly begin the season as the Cardinals' starting second baseman.
    Junior Spivey's horrible spring was apparently enough for him to lose the job. "Miles started today. And I'm going to play him tomorrow," manager Tony La Russa said. "Is he going to start opening day? If opening day was tomorrow, he would be the starter." Unfortunately, starter or not Miles has little fantasy potential. Apr. 1 - 10:56 am et
    I am happy with this. Every time I saw him play in Coors field last season, he was solid. Junior Spivey may have had the attention, but he just could not get it done. I think this was a good decision by the Cards FO.

I wonder when this team is going to be committed to one 2B for more than one season. Miles may be able to do that as he is still young.

Rookie ERA
    good move by the Cards...Miles is a good 2ndbaseman and still getting better Spivey is not all that great....but in saying if they will commit to Miles I say no, they will play Spivey a few times in the first week

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Miles has a poor throwing arm and that makes it hard to turn two regularly. The Cards pitching staff needs the best infield defense and I don't see Miles and Eck up the middle providing that.