Thread: Edmonds has an MRI

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Edmonds has an MRI

JUPITER, FLA. — Center fielder Jim Edmonds underwent a magnetic resonance imaging test Wednesday to determine the source of pain above his right elbow and numbness in his right forearm and hand.

"It's been bothering me since before I got down here," said Edmonds, who arrived in camp last month slowed by a bone bruise in his right foot. "It's actually gotten better than it was, but it hasn't gone away."

Manager Tony La Russa scratched Edmonds on Wednesday but said he expects the Gold Glove outfielder to be in the lineup this afternoon against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Club officials did not have results of the MRI late Wednesday but hoped to know more today.

"He's had some elbow discomfort and got it checked out," La Russa said. "I expect him to travel" to Vero Beach today.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...5?OpenDocument

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Can't say I have sentiments for him because I have never personally liked Edmonds. Yet the Cards will definitely miss him if they lose him for a while. Who is your guys' backup CF?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It will be either Taguchi or Rodriguez. Most likely Taguchi.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah Taguchi did play pretty well last season. I like him as a starter on most teams anyway. He will be good if he has to step in I am sure.