STL: LHP Mark Mulder
    • 11-5, 3.98 in 2005
    • Has not faced SD in 2005

SD: RHP Woody Williams
    • 4-6, 4.57 in 2005
    • Has not faced STL in 2005

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    Puljos has gone deep..... Nice job Albert. 3-0 lead over Padres. Could we see a 8 game losing streak for the Fathers.... I think so.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    The Cardinals lead 4-0 nothing after they squeezed in a run. Bottom 6th. Go Cards

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    Mark Mulder pulled after giving up 2 runs. 4-2 Cardinals.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I really want the Pads to take this game. I want to see them make it to the postseason with Randa playing 3B in San Diego now. So, I am glad that Mulder finally came out this game. He has killed lefties this season.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    I understand how you feel. But I am a Dodger fan. And if we win this we are only 4 game out. Joe Randa is a great guy. And he gave alot of confidence to Edwin Encarnacion. Which he will be a stud later in his career.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    Israhausen in the 9th with 1 out.

Israhausen is in and he shuts down the Padres in the 9th to win the game.

Cardinals win 4-2 over the Padres

the Padres have lost there 8th straight game.

Baseball Guru
    Rookie ERA
    Game 2 and the Cardinals are leading 1-0

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cards beat the Pads today to take the series. Johnny Rodriguez continues to impress and Carpenter gets his 15th win. The Cards are just too tough.

im surprised that LaRussa didnt let Carpenter throw 132 pitches, wait, that was last night with Marquis. I'm just confused with one point here. He does a lot of risky stuff, the squeeze bunt with Diaz in Game 1 with a 3-0 lead. That makes sense because they were having a problem scoring runs. But last night, how do you leave your number 4 starter in the game, when he enters the 9th inning with 120 pitches. It's obviously a pitchers duel, Marquis is not a guy i'd leave in there in the 9th inning with a 120 pitches already to his name. Sure, Marquis was hitting 94 mph on the gun, but i dont care, his name isnt Chris Carpenter. The only Cardinals pitcher i want to see entering the 9th inning with 120 pitches is Chris Carpenter. Hell, Peavy only threw 114 and was much more dominating. Hoffman enters the in the 9th and gets the job done. In that situation, i want to see King/Tavarez/Izzy, not our No. 4 starter who has already thrown 120 pitches.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Good thinking msneezie. I am not sure what laRussa has on his mind with this. Maybe Marquis was begging for the last few innings. He still had his velocity, but I agree that they should have saved his arm as it was not a necessity to leave him in. Hopefully Marquis can show that he did not have any effects from that outing. i doubt he will, but LaRussa will look real bad if it were the case.