Thread: Rolen lands on the DL

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Rolen lands on the DL

Rolen goes on DL: "I'm not healthy"
    By Joe Strauss
    Of the Post-Dispatch
    07/22/2005

After two days of extended discussions and five weeks of declining production, the Cardinals returned third baseman Scott Rolen to the disabled list Friday because of lingering discomfort in his left shoulder.

After meeting with team medical supervisor Dr. George Paletta earlier in the day, Rolen informed manager Tony La Russa and general manager Walt Jocketty he no longer thought it prudent to push through pain that escalated during the recent three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers.

"It all hit me at the same time," Rolen said. "I'm not healthy. I'm not healthy enough to play. I can run out there, but it just got to the point where I'm not healthy and I'm not going to get over the hump unless I take some time off."

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Man, these Cards just cannot stay healthy all of a sudden. I hope this does not tamper with their hopes for a championship. But with Molina, Sanders, and now Rolen going down, it better be just something that they will get over in time for the playoffs.

AA ERA
    I don't see them having any trouble geting into the playoffs. If they are healthy then it is all good.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle