Thread: Craig has knee surgery

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Craig has knee surgery

Allen Craig underwent right knee surgery around Thanksgiving and might not be ready for Opening Day.
    Craig originally injured his right knee in the middle of the summer when he ran into an outfield wall in Houston while trying to make a catch in foul territory. He had screws inserted into the knee as part of the surgery and is expected to miss the next four-to-six months. Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch suspects that the 27-year-old outfielder will be ready in May.
    Well this came out of nowhere! He looked fine to me in the World Series but I will admit I was drunk a lot that week Craig would most likely be starting in RF if the Cards lose Pujols with Berkman manning 1B. Otherwise, the Cards could be without a great bench guy for the beginning of the season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Craig has knee surgery

Allen Craig (knee surgery) won't begin swinging a bat or running this month.
    Craig is currently working his way back from November surgery on his right knee. While he expressed some optimism in January about being ready for Opening Day, the Cardinals will likely be without him for the first month of the season. The 27-year-old could still play a major role upon his return, even though he doesn't project as a starting player at the moment.
    Now that the Cards have Beltran, this isn't that big of a loss. The Cards can live without Craig for the first month of the season.