Thread: Holliday has appendectomy

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Holliday has appendectomy

Matt Holliday is out indefinitely following an appendectomy.
    And the hits just keep on coming for the Cardinals. Holliday will be evaluated after the surgery, which will take place Friday, before the Cardinals determine how much time he'll miss. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch notes that it usually takes 4-6 weeks before a player can begin "strenuous activity," but Yahoo's Tim Brown reports that Holliday has been told he'll likely miss 3-4 weeks. The Giants' Andres Torres returned from an appendectomy last year in just 12 days but later admitted that he probably came back too soon. Either way, he's almost surely headed to the disabled list. Jon Jay and Allen Craig will see the bulk of the playing time while Holliday is on the shelf.
    Another huge blow for the Cards as their chances at the division title keep dwindling. Holliday is one of the best OFers in the game and basically was the only protection for Pujols. Now pitchers don't have any reason to give Albert a pitch to hit.

MLB ERA

Re: Holliday has appendectomy

And no this isn't an April Fools Joke. The NL Central where by the end of April could field a great team with everyone on the DL.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Holliday has appendectomy

Matt Holliday reported feeling less discomfort Sunday in the area of his emergency appendectomy.
    The Cardinals are expected to decide early this week whether Holliday will need a stint on the 15-day disabled list. For now, they're rolling with 24 active and available players. "He was more sore [Saturday]," Cardinals manager Tony La Russa said Sunday afternoon. "He feels improved today. I'm not sure what all that means except that he's got less discomfort today." Allen Craig and Jon Jay will continue to draw starts in his place.
    Hopefully for the Cards, a DL stint won't be necessary but he shouldn't rush it. Make the DL stint retroactive to 4/1.