Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pujols Extension Watch

Rookie ERA

Re: Pujols Extension Watch

Now if he ends up signing with the Cards after the season before he tests the market, I will be pissed.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't. I'd be glad if the Cards signed him to some mega-deal that will last til 2020 or beyond. Sure he'll crush against our NL Central teams for a time, but eventually they would be saddled with an albatross of a deal that would likely prevent them from seriously competing. I am used to Pujols destroying my team, so I could deal with that for a bit more.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think it's pretty clear the Cards are not going to give him a 10 year deal. I can't see any team doing that. I was surprised to hear the rumor that the Cards only offered to make Pujols the 10th highest paid player.

Rookie ERA
    That's true. I just dont want the best option at 1B being Fielder. I can see the Cubs aggressively pursuing him next year and being screwed when his body catches up with him. While Pujols might decline over the years as well, I can see him being more productive at age 41 then Fielder would be at 36.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Right now I agree with you. As the 2011 offseason draws closer, depending on outcry in St. Louis, that could change. A team would have be insane to give him what he wants... but stranger deals have happened.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think as the year goes on and the more interaction with players around the league and getting their opinions, reality will set in for Pujols. Pujols is already in a winning atmosphere in what is revered as the best baseball town in America. I think he will realize that the Yankees regret the 10 year deal they gave ARod and that he will come down to a reasonable 7 or 8 year deal.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    That's true. I just dont want the best option at 1B being Fielder. I can see the Cubs aggressively pursuing him next year and being screwed when his body catches up with him. While Pujols might decline over the years as well, I can see him being more productive at age 41 then Fielder would be at 36.
    Definitely, given his swing and approach to the game, I doubt we would ever see a "bad" Pujols. Maybe one with limited power and decreased bat speed so he whiffs a bit more, but Fielder might be a different story.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I like how certain fans contradict themselves by bemoaning that it is a stupid idea that Pujols must be paid X exorbitant amount, but concede that he is worth every penny if a team is willing to pay him that.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12