Thread: Good News

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Good News

Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan said Thursday that he is hoping to remain with the club for three more seasons.
    The Cards are still waiting for a decision about 2011 from manager Tony La Russa. It sounds like Duncan is already in. "The ideal situation would not be to coach in St. Louis for one more year then find another place for two more years," the pitching coach told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "The ideal situation would be to coach three years in the same place."
    Good news for for Cards fans and more importantly Cards pitchers. Duncan is the best pitching coach in the land and continues to resurrect pitchers from the dead. If I'm Mozeliak and reading this, a contract would already have been written up and waiting for a signature.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Good News

Chocolate and peanut butter. Hamburgers and fries. Lindsay Lohan and cocaine. It would be hard to imagine Duncan without LaRussa and vice versa. I have to imagine they often look at each other, totally straight, and say "You complete me."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Good News

Duncan signed a two year extension on the day the Yankees fire their pitching coach. Mark McGwire is being rumored to come back as well after reports said he would not be. McGwire has triple infants at home so his wife is probably going apeshit everyday hoping Mark doesn't go back to coaching.