Thread: Rasmus Asking For Trades?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals Rasmus Asking For Trades?

Cardinals manager Tony La Russa has confirmed that Colby Rasmus did ask for a trade earlier this season and also added that the outfielder asked to be traded during his rookie season, as well.
    According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Joe Strauss, Rasmus made the request during the team's July 23-25 series against the Cubs after he was late to a game and La Russa berated the outfielder during a closer-door meeting, threatening him with a demotion to Triple-A. It's becoming increasingly likely that one of Rasmus or La Russa won't be back in St. Louis next season, and the overwhelming odds would be that the manager would be the one to go.
    Wow! Colby sounds like a little *****. I know LaRussa rubs guys the wrong way but what did Rasmus expect to happen after being late to a game. Seems like Rasmus has some growing up to do but I agree with the article, LaRussa most likely will not be in St. Louis next year

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rasmus Asking For Trades?

Prompted with the report that 24-year-old center fielder Colby Rasmus asked for a trade earlier this season, Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols told Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports on Sunday, "We need to figure out a way to get him out of here."
    "That'll show you right there a young player that doesn't respect what he's got," Pujols continued. "He needs to find out the talent and ability that he has and pretty much keep his mouth shut and play the game. Let the organization make those decisions, not himself."
    Prediction: Rasmus is traded for Matt Kemp, and Pujols defends Kemp, saying Kemp is just misunderstood and the Dodgers were the problem.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I applaud Pujols for saying that Shows the kind of leader he is. I bet the Cards would do that trade in a heartbeat

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and then I imagine we'll turn around and trade Rasmus to San Diego for a bag of dog chow from PETCO.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Belliard's gotta eat, dude.